• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

Well, got moved in, but the garage is to full of crap for my 65. Stopped in front of my house to take a few things out before it started to rain and the car wouldn't start to take it to storage garage. Don't know if it's the starter or the computer. It just clicks when you turn it over, battery is fine. There it was in the rain in front of my house. I was so mad I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Had it towed to a friends house 500 feet away, all up hill on Thanksgiving. The tow truck driver was very kind and asked me to take his picture, he loved the car, the last thing I had on my mind, but wtf. Got her in the garage and dried her off. It rained so hard that they couldn't move all the stuff around the house to the walkout basement, that's why the garage was full or I would have just pulled her in and then not started again.View attachment 874142 View attachment 874143
Water don't hurt remember they get wet when ya wash'um.

Took my lovely "Bee" for a drive today, took the car too ! Essential travel, had to go to the bank drop box! Best Monday in a long time... and the Dodge has never failed to bring us home! Don't think I've ever had an old car out on the streets in April before. Last year on this day we got 4" of snow!
View attachment 942643 View attachment 942644 View attachment 942645 View attachment 942646 View attachment 942647 View attachment 942648 View attachment 942649 View attachment 942650 View attachment 942651
She reminds me of My Rebecca. Maybe distant cousins? To all those out there remember the spouse's cause without then ere is no cars,garage,etc. And yes I said Spouse, there are a lot of Lady Mopar people out there also, who are car people. I am glad I found one!!!!

PrettyLady.jpg

She reminds me of My Rebecca. Maybe distant cousins? To all those out there remember the spouse's cause without then ere is no cars,garage,etc. And yes I said Spouse, there are a lot of Lady Mopar people out there also, who are car people. I am glad I found one!!!!
Married 38 years... and as matter of fact we took the Bee to the chapel and back in '82! Honoured to have my restoration done in time to take our youngest to the alter in it as well last Fall !
kristalaaronofficialweddingpics 1407.jpg
kristalaaronofficialweddingpics 1415.jpg

Finally got out for a cruise around the area, couldn't really get into the throttle much, here is why! LOL
20200506_183038.jpg

Finally got out for a cruise around the area, couldn't really get into the throttle much, here is why! LOL
View attachment 946768
I see the reason, but thanks for the shot over the hood!! I Love it!! I really like all the different colors and hood styles, to me they make a car. Just my opinion.

My son is taking the 1971 Challenger down to get its new wheels and tires. We are going with 15" x 8" new rallyes and much bigger tires. The Challenger has lots of room in the wheel wells so maybe It won't look so weird.

My son is taking the 1971 Challenger down to get its new wheels and tires. We are going with 15" x 8" new rallyes and much bigger tires. The Challenger has lots of room in the wheel wells so maybe It won't look so weird.
That should look sweet!! My 65 and both Darts had no wheel wells, talk about limited tire combination for the horse power they offered. Challengers are much better. I don't care what he has on there now, never met a challenger I didn't like, he's lucky!!

Next came, Lake Hill Speedway, about 3 miles from where we live now.
Some cool history there. Sadly, I never made it there, but my dad and father-in-law used to both talk about it. We did go to the St. Charles Speedway dirt track and Mid-America Raceway out in Wentzville a few times. Both of them are closed now, probably turned into shopping centers or housing.

My wife has been going stir crazy with the virus lockdown so we've been taking the Satellite out for Sunday morning cruises. We live in a semi-rural area just off a 4-lane state Hwy so I can get on the road, open it up and cruise at 70 about 20 miles down the road to a small town and then come back. There's usually not much traffic at 10am on Sunday so it's a nice little drive through the swamp.

Ah, the Charlie Bowl! I could hear it from my house when I wasn't there. It was closed due to people who bought homes in new subdivisions complained about noise saying they had no knowledge of the track....after driving past it to get to their homes.
I knew a guy who was one of the instigators but was livid when airports got closed for the same reason.
Its closed and nothing is there. EDIT-it is housing.
MAR is housing but last I looked you can still see some of the track that's left.
I never went there but know a bunch who raced and worked there.

Last edited:
About 90 cars (and trucks) met up for a cruise by several nursing homes in two cities in our county. Residents in the homes were out (socially distancing) cheering us on as we went by.
674BFB5D-9518-4328-874C-542B82A7747F.jpeg
A165ADBD-C8FF-4527-9F6B-31ED8052C78E.jpeg
8EAA2A11-E40D-4807-A899-550297BA1E94.jpeg
3798BF44-2911-4EB2-AD93-041613F965FD.jpeg

Nice.. $880 fine for us for "Organizing a gathering of more than 5 people" if we try that up here with our old cars, yet they seem to have no issue that every Tom, Dick and Harry can do Birthday drive bys..

The SO just said to break it up into groups of 25 cars. Of course that only lasted for a while. Good thing they had a unit in the more congested area to help out.

Nice.. $880 fine for us for "Organizing a gathering of more than 5 people" if we try that up here with our old cars, yet they seem to have no issue that every Tom, Dick and Harry can do Birthday drive bys..
That's just not right!!

The SO just said to break it up into groups of 25 cars. Of course that only lasted for a while. Good thing they had a unit in the more congested area to help out.
That's great you guys did that, you made their day!!!

Me and the super bee took a ride to brake the 64 300 conv out of garage jail (it's been 2-3 months) since I took it out . Drove it around awhile .
Somehow I missed the memo of a cruise threw down town about 100 cars I was a little mad my club didn't invite me or in fact anyone to this ! One member found out and went but didn't inform the rest!

Sun was out and seemed like a Lemon Twist day to take my honey for a mid day drive! Have to go to the post office again, so Therapy gets the nod tomorrow. Even Wile E is travelling safe!
superbirddrivemay202020 003.JPG
superbirddrivemay202020 006.JPG
superbirddrivemay202020 013.JPG
superbirddrivemay202020 014.JPG
superbirddrivemay202020 011.JPG
superbirddrivemay202020 015.JPG
superbirddrivemay202020 019.JPG
superbirddrivemay202020 022.JPG
superbirddrivemay202020 024.JPG

Last edited:
Another essential travel Postal Run today...
A date two days in a row, can't wait for the third date!
beedrivemay212020 003.JPG

Trees popped pretty much overnight.
beedrivemay212020 004.JPG

Dejavu.. King St Midland
beedrivemay212020 006.JPG

Sad day.. 53 years old and the Midland Drive In property is for sale as "vacant land". Our Son's been a fixture there since he was 12... 25 years, where does time go!
beedrivemay212020 008.JPG

beedrivemay212020 009.JPG

Balm Beach on Nottawasaga Bay
beedrivemay212020 011.JPG

beedrivemay212020 014.JPG

beedrivemay212020 018.JPG

Our deserted town of Penetang. Usually a very hopping place from May to October. On Georgian Bay at the end of a highway.
beedrivemay212020 026.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back