• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

We don't get "April showers" in FL.

April is a relatively dry month.

Instead we get May 15 to October 15 torrential downpours 5 out of 7 days a week with a chance of hurricanes.

Went to lunch today with friends. We all brought out our green Mopars for St Patrick's Day (a few days early). Mine is the one in the middle. We got a table over looking the parking lot (best seats in the house!).

1710445802249.png
1710445828535.png
1710445850249.png
1710445879079.png
1710445892075.png

We don't get "April showers" in FL.

April is a relatively dry month.

Instead we get May 15 to October 15 torrential downpours 5 out of 7 days a week with a chance of hurricanes.
My nephew moved to Jacksonville a few years ago. My brother just got back from a visit a few days ago. My brother use to go to The Villages and rent a place all winter, did it for years. He's done with it, a phase I guess. Had a friend that was a baseball agent in California, but lived in Missouri also. He had a place in the keys you needed a boat to get to. He sold before things got stupid down there. A lot of my friends retired on the coast in Condos and now the rains, and hurricanes are driving maintenance and fees through the roof. They can't sell and want out. One day it was heaven and now it's a money pit in hell with no exit. Their story, not mine. I've been to Florida a dozen times, mostly Clearwater. It seems it rains everyday around 3 or 4. I live in the middle of the country, there's a reason for that.

When I moved here in 1988, you could almost set your watch by the 3-4 o'clock rain during the summer.

It's not quite that predictable any more, and tends to start later and last longer.
However, morning and mid-day rain is also quite common, now.

Judging by the thousands (yes, thousands) of housing starts I see on my 40 minute semi-rural drive to work, I have a hard time believing people are clamoring to move out due to the weather, and can't sell their house.

The local market is just barely starting to level off.
Last year houses were selling for above asking price and sold within 2 weeks of listing.
This year, time on the market is about 2 months.

I complain about the humidity, and the seemingly constant rain that keeps me from driving my classic or riding my bike, but I lived through enough minus 20 degree Ohio winters and 8 out of 12 month gray and gloomy skies to accept that trade.

My nephew loves it, I get it. It's the coastal condos that are looking at the issues I was talking about. I have a few friends that live in Pensacola and it took a year to repair their high rise buildings and now some are having structural issues that can never be paid for thought monthy accesments or even special accesments. No place is perfect and there are likes and dislikes no matter where you live. There're a ton of people moving there, no doubt about it......... That guy that lived in the key had a 2000 a month accesment just to pay for a around the clock boat to get them back and forth. I don't know how many places were there, I was never there, but it sounded like more than my pocket could deal with. The amount of people with big money never ceases to amaze me. Years ago, when I had my own business after I retired, I did maintenance on one of his homes down the road from me. His wife lived here most of the time, and her family and her are from here. Crazy....

Cost of living near water. Dad grew up inland from Atlantic City, mom ALWAYS wanted house by ocean, Dad kept his foot down for 60+ years: Saw what salt air did to homes, boats & cars, etc...

Cars rust from the top down in FL almost as bad as they rust from the bottom up in OH.

Went to lunch today with friends. We all brought out our green Mopars for St Patrick's Day (a few days early). Mine is the one in the middle. We got a table over looking the parking lot (best seats in the house!).

View attachment 1627933View attachment 1627934View attachment 1627935View attachment 1627936View attachment 1627937
Looks like your rides are tied up to the hitching Post in front of a saloon. Nice grouping!! I had a green 69 340, 4 speed, hardtop like you friends. Thanks for sharing!

Cost of living near water. Dad grew up inland from Atlantic City, mom ALWAYS wanted house by ocean, Dad kept his foot down for 60+ years: Saw what salt air did to homes, boats & cars, etc...
As beautiful as it looks, it was never for me, and thank God my wife never cared for it either.
I bought, what turned out to be an ex drug boat from Florida many years ago. It was 32 foot, twin screw 454 Magnum, Baja. The exhaust manifolds on both engines were sandblasted to the point of replace, like now!! Property on the water, sold by the foot!!!

Great grand-pop & uncle had boat yard in Absecon, NJ: Oyster fisherman, dad grew-up working the boats, "...hey dad, you grew up on boats, why don't you own 1?" "...open you're wallet and dump your money out..." He prefered camping in his motorhome, Lancaster/Berks County PA were his favorite. Camped Nova Scotia to Florida

Went to the local safe and
key to get couple made.
Beautiful day at 75 deg and
sunny.
A small crowd gathered
around the hotrod while my
son and I were getting them
cut.
Back to the truck with many
questions being answered.
It was amazing as half the
small crowd were women
my age reciting memories
of riding in their daddy's
truck.
20230830_152853.jpg

Last edited:
20240315_184411.jpg

Renting a concrete grinder among other things.

View attachment 1631290

went for breakfast

watermelon
Call me OCD....
I've never opened the
drive-thru bag in my cars.
Instead, preferring to eat at
place of purchase or when
arriving home.
No food, no smoke. Not
adverse to drinks in the cup
holders, but if [you] ever
spilled one, [you] were
remembered forever.

Pretty ballsy playing Hell's Bells on the way to church.

Any close lightning strikes?

Auto Transport Service
Back