• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you grow up?

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
My childhood (up to age 14) was in Roslindale, which is a part of Boston. We lived in a middle class neighborhood & our house was a fairly modest ranch with two flower beds in front painted my dad's favorite color, brown. Fast forward to present day and a family of Ricans live there & painted it 4 different shades, the yard is full of ladders and other ****, needs to be re-roofed, fence falling down, etc. My dad would be rolling in his grave now to see what the house he build looks like now.

IMG_20190314_090628524_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190314_090425314_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Grew up in Mpls, MN. My sister bought the family house when my mom passed. I stay there usually twice a year when I go up there for a visit. Nice that the house is still in the family and still in good shape

Right here in Ohio, across the road from my parents where I was raised. I was fortunate to have great parents and a wonderful childhood, I love this valley and don't ever intend on leaving.
20190627_175105.jpg

88th and Wornall Rd. Kansas City Mo.
It was a very nice neighborhood, but now it's pretty ruff. Everything changes. I live a 150 miles away, close to Branson Mo.

Born and raised in Northeastern Colorado, Akron and Otis Colorado. Very small farming/ranching communities. Been living on the Gulf Coast or in a sailboat for close to 40 years now, wouldn’t consider going back, especially the way Colorado has become.

Mechanic Falls, Maine. Pretty much lived in the woods behind the house. There was dozens of old cars out there from the 40's-50's that I crawled all over. Parents donated the house to the fire department in the 80's and they burnt it flat! Wish I could have been there for that!

Delaware, Texas, Alaska, Maryland and Pennsylvania. Then I moved to NJ for college. Off to the USAF in Georgia, Kunsan AB, ROK, Maryland, Pennsylvania and back to NJ. Like a rolling stone. As for the growing up part....?

Grew up in Bluefield WVA in a sawmill camp. Back in the 50's and 60's coal was king. Still is, but not like it was then. I always had a fleet of abandoned logging trucks to play in. I enjoyed my childhood years. Went back there last week and scouted around the area.
As it is in most coal mining areas of the Appalachian mountains, the city is slowly decaying away due to the economy. So sad.

Well I was raised in the Chicago west side back then it was a nice place to grow up. Now I wouldn’t go anywhere near it.

Grew up on a ranch near Canyon Lake, Tx. Currently back on the ranch till my house is built. Too many developers in my area they have ruined the surrounding area. Waiting for the "we need food and water but turned the farms and ranches into subdivisions" to kick in.

I’m actually sitting at my kitchen bar as I write this. My house is in one of the fields that I spent tons of time horsing around in as a kid. It was at my grandmothers house just on the outskirts of Bangor, Me.
We were just talking about this the other night. We used to come out at night and catch fireflies by the 100’s now I’ve seen maybe 5 all summer! Too bad. But lots of good times! Plenty of old trucks back in the woods behind the ole farm country! I’ll try to locate some pics to post..

The house I grew up In was right in the middle of Bangor and plenty busy! That’s why I spent most of my time out in the country in the woods!

Grew up in a little town in FL named Lockhart. One main road ran through it 441 I just used google maps and was floored that the mobile home we lived in is STILL there and standing.. Trailer parks were pretty common down there but even more common for a single mother of 4 to afford. I lived in 3 different trailer parks and every damn trailer I lived in is still existing... WOW nearly 40 years later.

Royal Oak, MI. One block from the Woodward Dream Cruise. Although we were racing and building cars LONG before the cruise was ever thought of. Spent a lot of nights out there drinking a beer with my buddies and looking for girls. Sometimes we even raced...

Moved to the tiny town of St. Peter's, MO in 1961.
(The apostrophe is correct)
Population was 380 or so and was along 2 lane US 40. I-70 hadn't been built yet.
Today the population is 58,000 and I-70 is 4 lanes-each way- and isn't enough.
Progress.

I grew up in Florissant, MO, which is a northern suburb of St. Louis. My dad took 2 overseas assignments when I was a kid. We lived in Belfast, Northen Ireland for about 6 mo from Fall 1969 to Spring 1970 and then returned to our house in Florissant. Then in Jan 1981 we moved to Nagoya, Japan - middle of my Jr year in HS. i stayed until Aug and came back stateside for my Sr yr. My parents and younger sister stayed another year so my older sister and I Iived with our grandparents until they returned, at which point we moved back into the house in Florissant. I moved to south FL after college and been here ever since.

I lived in a neat little town called Breese In southern Illinois. Home of Ski soda and the Wally burger. The town is on Rte.50 about 45 minutes east of St.louis. It was small and everyone knew everything... sometimes good sometimes not so good. You’re related to most so you had to venture away for dating and if you got in trouble everyone knew it ... but pretty darn tight some wouldn’t like it some do, no crime issues because you feared your parents more than the cops.

Most of my formative years were spent in a house across the road from where I have lived for the past 27 years. The house is no longer there, but there is a phone tower and a small pole barn, not ours. As I was growing up there were 4 houses on this road, I’ve lived in all 4 of them. Of course there are a lot more now, housing developments on 2 sides of us separated by fields and a pasture and woods, so no townies closer than a quarter mile. We’re fairly lucky that the developments are somewhat upscale, so no real problems, just different attitudes. They want the “country” life, but not what the “country life” brings with it. No intentions of ever selling this ground for development. Picture is looking southeast of house.

6715C6A9-0386-4836-A66E-54966F0D9C6F.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back