• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where does his AMD part go on A pillar?

RXTREME

Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
So we have the outer A pillar post and the inner one and then this one which I can’t seem to figure out:

Let me know!

IMG_9646.png

looks like the area you see when you open the door, the stainless part that holds the big weather strip screws to it, and the drip rail is part of it........

calling it a "lower" makes it confusing

what they call the inner must be the part you see when inside the car that's covered by the A pillar trim, and becomes part of the pinch weld for the windshield

Last edited:
Is it steel or stainless ?

hard to tell in the photo
but Looks like the weatherstripping retainer channel piece. IF ...it's in fact stainless

the A pillar is made with 3 pieces, basically a triangle tube....... I've never built one with new pieces; a bit pricey, but a nice option we never had before

the exterior piece (outer) is the least involved of the 3; spanning from the windshield pinch weld to the rain gutter

now I kinda get the "lower, inner, outer" thing

Last edited:
The should make the A Pillar a single item, with all 3 parts spot welded. That would be a pain in the arse to patch repair.
20160728_121930.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back