• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where have they all gone? I'm just blowing off steam.

I have Windows 7 I hit add photos and libraries click on that my photos pick photo click on it. If you what more photos click on add photos. This brings me back directly back to my photos. Don't need click libraries a second time. Maybe there's an easier way?

A tablet. I'm getting ready to throw the damn thing away!!!! I need to walk away. Frustration is getting the best of me. It wasn't this hard to find the car!!!! I'll figure it out!

I feel your pain, sometimes these ibs(idiot boxes)are life sucking parasites and just don’t work!

BTW your PM inbox is full...

In the meantime your bird looks something like this?

BF61ED8A-453C-44F8-871D-5B573DE859E6.jpeg

25F5482E-E322-4260-A35E-E300EAEF05FA.jpeg

34EE631D-997E-450B-8ADE-37F35D7348EE.jpeg

Speaking of Where Have They All Gone - I caught up with this car a few weeks ago at a rural car show in a country province in New Zealand, haven't seen it for years, still looks pretty sharp - and the new owner is pretty happy with it.

I think you guys know it as the old CalGas Car? John H the former owner a while back took it on tour to the U.S. for a Winged Warriors reunion in about 2009/2010 and got a lot of miles in, a lot of respect for that trip that he did with his brother in law back then.

Anyway - good to see it out and about.

EDIT - Hey xlr8 - I just re-read the whole thread - glad to hear you've found something at last - great stuff.
What I was leading up to with the pictures was that if you could set up a search for overseas Superbird's or Daytona's and considering that the greenback is fairly high against other currencies, possibly it could be an option to buy one out of the U.S and import it back home and maybe have a little cash left over from the original budget - after inspections, shipping and taxes. Just an idea anyway.

20221120_114412.jpg

20221120_114140.jpg

Last edited:
I posted a video of my car on Youtube. I'm trying to do one of every car for insurance purposes. This way, I have documentation of the car in case or any incident. If you're interested in taking a look, go on Youtube and do a search of "1970 Plymouth Superbird". The video shows the car in front of my garage with a red enclosed trailer in the background.

Nice! Limelight green really sets off Superbirds! Very cool, congratulations!
Here are some stills from your video:

A1041BD7-4AA1-4ECA-B2C0-A38C9618FFF8.jpeg

BB5B1B6E-5F70-4548-88DB-52669F9DBAEC.jpeg

1B11D545-FAB9-49A7-9DC5-9001A733D6C4.jpeg

ED33EE4E-A58E-4A32-9E6E-BDEC6692C277.jpeg

Interesting detail about the video. I inadvertently left the radio on in the car. When I filmed the interior, you can hear a commercial for a Dodge/Jeep/Ram dealer playing. Total coincidence but kind neat just the same.

Hello All!

A while back, I mentioned that I was throwing my hat into the ring and actively looking to buy a 'bird. I'm not looking for a rotisserie restored car (too much for my budget), but I do want a decent driver and it has to be the real thing (no tributes or clones). I'm chasing a couple local cars but it seems the owners are not overly interested in selling. They SAY they want to sell but then have 'second thoughts". It's driving me crazy. I feel as though I've done all the right things. I've saved the money, done my research and I'm trying to be patient but it isn't producing any results. I want a local car but if I have to get one from out of my area, then so be it (I'm in SE Pa.). I keep seeing the same 10-15 cars being advertised out there and they're stupid numbers. When I send an email about an advertised car, it goes unanswered.

I guess I'm just blowing off steam. I'm frustrated and disappointed. Anyone know of anything for sale out there?

In the meantime, I'm eating, sleeping, breathing, dreaming all things Superbird. I'm pretty sure many of you guys know EXACTLY what I'm going through.....

Thanks for listening!!

Congrats, pretty much the exact car I would be after. Color, column shift and all

But a wing car is WAY out of my budget,,,and most everyone else

Thanks 6970.

FJ5 was my color of choice. A numbers matching U code car was also my first choice. I wanted a bucket seat/console car but at this point, the bench seat/column shift doesn't matter. I thought it would bother me but it's a non-issue.

One advantage to the bench seat is my wife gets to sit RIGHT next to me (she's not thrilled about that part). I have to laugh. She has been calling the car her "Beach Condo". I will never sell this car but when I'm dead, SHE will. At that point, she's going to buy a condo at the beach. We laugh together a lot!!

Thanks 6970.

FJ5 was my color of choice. A numbers matching U code car was also my first choice. I wanted a bucket seat/console car but at this point, the bench seat/column shift doesn't matter. I thought it would bother me but it's a non-issue.

One advantage to the bench seat is my wife gets to sit RIGHT next to me (she's not thrilled about that part). I have to laugh. She has been calling the car her "Beach Condo". I will never sell this car but when I'm dead, SHE will. At that point, she's going to buy a condo at the beach. We laugh together a lot!!
Thats cool. I dont think my wife wants a beach front condo ( that Im aware of )
But I dont think My wife will not sell my car once Im breathing dirt.
My daughters will have an issue with that BIGTIME. God willing this car is going NO WHERE . Period

Auto Transport Service
Back