• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to get a seat cover?

Furyous

Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
I have a bench seat out of a 63... I did not see one on legendarys site... Anyone know?

I found a site called Pro-Fit Auto Interiors;asked about them in another thread. I checked LI's site earlier;could've(almost) sworn that they had one. There was a listing for '64 bench seats in the cloth and vinyl types;how similar are '63s?.

You should call Legendary and ask them if they have it. If they don't (and your's is good enough to be used as a pattern) then ask them about using yours and making you a new one. This is how they developed a lot of their covers

Legendary only does the '63 Sport Fury buckets... You will have to go to SMS Interiors out of Oregon if you want the correct material. And for your $700, you will get only that, just the material. Then you need to bring the seat and SMS material to a good upholstery shop to have it all stitched up:)

I found a site called Pro-Fit Auto Interiors;asked about them in another thread. I checked LI's site earlier;could've(almost) sworn that they had one. There was a listing for '64 bench seats in the cloth and vinyl types;how similar are '63s?.

'62-3 bench seat are 60/40 split while the '64-5 benches are 50/50.

having my 65 coronet done in black from legendary, if you need to have someone do your seat let me know, mikes in columbia, tn. is good with classic cars.
931-380-8881
tell him Tookie sent you

That would be great, but the fellow at Legendary told me they don't have the correct '63 Savoy material. If you have the time and don't mind, please do and let us know. I am sure they could beat SMS pricing!

Go here,http://www.originalauto.com/,They have what you want and give better service and pricing than SMS.This is original 62 material for my 62 Savoy wagon.

P5140003.jpg

62MAX- I just got off the phone and they can't help on a '63 Savoy cover (they only have enough cloth material for a front cover left in inventory). The fellow there told me to call SMS and that no companies make "ready to go" Savoy covers for a '63.

You could get the split bench with center armrest, I had covers made up for mine at http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/ They dont claim to correct patterns but their classic style with horizonal pleats were a close match to mine in the 63 fury (pattern is like the A990 stuff almost). Fit like a glove too.

Auto Transport Service
Back