• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to install turn indicator lights on Summit Racing SE Rally Cluster

Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
Okay for my indicator light set I have an American Autowire LED & Indicator kit #500626, can anyone give me confirmation on where I think the holes should be tapped? In the pictures below on the backside of the cluster there are 3 roughly 3/4" posts about even with cutout for the steering column. It seems like the most logical place to install the LED indicators. I also measured the diameter of the base of the LED with a set of mechanical calipers and it came out to about .153" and then measured the diameter of the inner circle on the 3/4" posts and it came to about .147". So I am most likely going to use a #24 or #25 drill bit, but before I start drilling anything I wanted to check on here to see if someone else had done a similar installation.

IMG_5596.JPG IMG_5599.JPG

looking from the backside of the cluster the tach is on the left and the speedo on the right, there are two posts above the tach. I'm assuming that the post closest to the tach is the brights indicator and the one above it and on the other side by the speedo are for the turn indicators.

I put my turn signal indicators between the speedo and tach. I also added indicators for high beam and e-brake.I can get a better pic if you need it.

IMG_20190526_082925683.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back