• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which brand of halogen conversion headlights?????????????

747mopar

Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
I'm going to be starting on my headlight conversion in the not so distant future so now's the time to figure out what to use. I trust Props judgment with the Hellas but on my tight budget I was curious if anyone has ever used some of the Summit brand ones like Zoops. I've decided to go with Halogens for a few reasons but mostly because all of my cars right now have plain Halogens and I'm perfectly happy with them plus I'm not a fan of the super bright lights a lot of cars are running now days "blinding". So if anyone has any suggestions let's hear it.

I'm going to be starting on my headlight conversion in the not so distant future so now's the time to figure out what to use. I trust Props judgment with the Hellas but on my tight budget I was curious if anyone has ever used some of the Summit brand ones like Zoops. I've decided to go with Halogens for a few reasons but mostly because all of my cars right now have plain Halogens and I'm perfectly happy with them plus I'm not a fan of the super bright lights a lot of cars are running now days "blinding". So if anyone has any suggestions let's hear it.

No idea but you might check with our resident, although infrequent visitor, lighting expert Dan I think is his name. He's probably tested them all. I recall a lengthy post he made in someones thread about lighting. Let me see if i can find it.

See the goon had Dan's thread ready to whip out LOL. Here's a link that may be useful. I'm sure if you ask him for an opinion or questions he'll give you a thorough answer :)

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

Thanks guys, I'll look into all of the suggestions, I'm very hesitant to buy anything too cheap for fear of a leaky lens or ending up with a Chinese part "wish all adds had the origins as well". I'll let you know what I decide on, hopefully I'll find an American company.

Got around to doing a little research and have pretty much thrown out all cheaper lights already "go figure". It would seam that there are few companies making quality headlights according to what I'm reading. Leaning towards the Cibies or Hellas with H1 low beams right now "not cheap at all".

- - - Updated - - -

The AutoPal housings aren't too shaby 747. They're a lot cheaper than the Hella's but still retain a metal housing and glass lens. Just throwing out there. Best of luck with your conversion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-3-4-H5001-H5006-H1-H4-EURO-CONVERSION-HEADLIGHTS-SET-/261169872606?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cceeffede
I would love to buy these but I wonder what kind of performance they have when compared to the others mentioned. I'll have to try and find out a little more about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all of the links guys "very helpful" you've already helped out quite a bit seeing how it can sometimes take allot of searching to find the right info.

I think you'll be happier in the end and I'm glad you decided on going the extra distance .. just gotta make some more tables :)

Auto Transport Service
Back