• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Dynamat To Use?

70sixpkrt

Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
I have my back seat out and wondering which Dynamat I should use for sound and heat barrier. I'm only doing the area under the back seat. I was looking at their website and they show a bunch of different ones. What are people using just under the back seat?

IMG_6439.jpg

I always use fatmat

material called rattle trap. its .080 thick I think.

Have done 4 or 5 cars with it.

Planning to do my current car here soon

fatmat.com

I have used Dynamat and a product called Siless. If you compare different mats with the same mill thickness their all the same in my opinion I would not pay more for Dynamat again.

I've done 4 vehicles with Noico 80mil thickness and
topped it with Noico Red foam.
Shop around for prices. Seems to work well, last two I used
it on were Jeeps.
I'd pull up a bit more carpet and use the "black" on some
of the footwell area also.
I think Dynamat is overpriced.
Dave

When I did the dog house on my A100, I just used the cheap generic Tinfoil covered bubble wrap from the home center. Like others have said about dynamat. To me, it's just the SOS with a different label and price! Plus, it's covered by carpet, so does it really matter? Good Luck

I use KILMAT. Yet another alternative. For me it was the best priced/ bang for your buck . I think I got 25sq feet , sheets are 12 x 18 or something like that. Kit off Amazon for $50 . From where the carpet rides up the fire wall, to the start of the back seats. The kit covered 95% , I would have needed 2 more sheets to do 100% . Same product as dynamat , you will pay for the name no doubt about it .

I laid Fat Mat Rattletrap in the Coronet and it's good. A couple weeks ago I finished up the Dart interior. Went to Lowes and bought probably the same stuff 69a100 mentioned. That and I got the good carpeting with the heavy backing from Rock Auto. What a huge difference it made deadening the header drone, maybe even better than the Fat Mat.

I just ordered 50 sq ft of fatmat rattletrap to do my own car .

Ive used it numerous times on the past on others car .
Never had any complaints of odors or problems on any kind

I decided I'll stick with the one I know.

Thanks everyone. I just ordered some Kilmat from Amazon. It was the cheapest since I don't need a lot. I'm only doing the area under the rear seat.

I like the FatMat as well. Just as good as the expensive ones for half the price...it just doesn't have the pretty logo print on the foil side.....which is under carpet anyway.

I think Dynamat is overpriced.
Dave

I think so too. It was a pioneer product when it first came out but they have really kept their pricing high despite lower cost, similar quality competitors.

SST 219.JPG
SST 220.JPG

I used Hushmat and agree they are all about the same
To the Original Poster
Consider doing the entire car not just under the back seat
Especially if you have headers and custom exhaust
The difference in heat coming in through the floor is huge
as well as the noise difference (although you will always hear exhaust)

IMG_20180812_172843365.jpg

Although i do most surfaces in the interior of my cars remember you don't have to cover every square inch with this stuff. It really is for stopping vibration . A good true sound deadener over top of it will make a huge difference.

Auto Transport Service
Back