• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Holley Carb to choose.

cmkryzer

Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
Needing a carb for my 1967 GTX mild built 440. 484 Mopar purple camshaft , automatic trans , 3.55 gears, 915 heads with the larger intake and exhaust valves installed. Mopar dual plane intake, Orange box Mopar electronic ignition. Looking to stay with a Holley 750 vacuum secondary's , just not sure on which one to go with, I thinking either the 4150 or the 750 HP on. Also I want to keep my dual snorkel air cleaner with the engine , and not sure if there would be any issues with it fitting or not.
Thanks for all your suggestions !

I hate to sound like I'm promoting sales for FBO but have found them hard to beat. If you call Don he will take all of your specs and have Quick Fuel custom tailor the carb for your application, Quick Fuel has proven to be a very reliable and adjustable carb with everything being tunable. His pricing even with the custom calibration beats Summits price which means your getting a carb that is very close or in my case spot on at delivery which saves time. I'm extremely happy with my QF which is basically a Holley.

Needing a carb for my 1967 GTX mild built 440. 484 Mopar purple camshaft , automatic trans , 3.55 gears, 915 heads with the larger intake and exhaust valves installed. Mopar dual plane intake, Orange box Mopar electronic ignition. Looking to stay with a Holley 750 vacuum secondary's , just not sure on which one to go with, I thinking either the 4150 or the 750 HP on. Also I want to keep my dual snorkel air cleaner with the engine , and not sure if there would be any issues with it fitting or not.
Thanks for all your suggestions !
Back in the day I ran a 780 vac secondaries on a very similar set up, so a 750 should do the trick. unfortunatly the factory air cleaner won't work without some sort of adaptor. I don't think there is enough clearance.

750 to 800 cfm. Vacuum or mechanical secondaries- up to you. The vacuum secondaries might be more fuel efficient.

Last edited:
This is the model with no secondary metering block. Quite a nice and reliable carburetor. I've used several on 360s and 440s with great results.

Auto Transport Service
Back