• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

which starter to use?

TruBee

Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
I'm finally ready to drop my 440/500 stroker in. Question is, which starter should I use and why? Pictures will be posted soon. As always, I appreciate you guys taking the time to offer your advice.

Well if you used headers on your build then your going to need a mini starter (most likely)
If youve stuck with using manifolds then why buy new and use the trusted old one that has and will still prob work forever

Here's a great add about mini starters /which vehicles to use them from
http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/elec/1.html

High Torque mini starter is the only one to use. I replaced my 15 years ago and it is still working great.

Thanks for the advice folks. I just ordered the MRE644 mini starter from Manicini Racing. Hope that works. Now on to comparing Optima batteries, and a drive shaft and I should be rolling!

Thanks for the advice folks. I just ordered the MRE644 mini starter from Manicini Racing. Hope that works. Now on to comparing Optima batteries, and a drive shaft and I should be rolling!

i would have bought a meziere starter, too bad i didnt see this post earlier.
i have a yellow top optima mint i you need one 1120 cca.its the big one $150.00 plus shipping sells for over $300.00

Auto Transport Service
Back