• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which transmission?

I have an original Doug Nash 5 speed in my '65 Coronet. It is an old school transmission. Big, heavy, shifts like a tractor, etc. We had to cut the floor and move the shifter and cut the trans crossmember and all of that stuff to get it to fit. I think I'll swap it out for a T56 but haven't really made up my mind yet. The 855 might be a way to go but I think if I'm going to change a lot of stuff I'd rather go to a 6 speed. I have 3.23 gears with the Doug Nash but would most likely switch to 4.10 gears with the T56.

I would be surprised if Passon has cleared his waiting list, he had a few hundred people waiting.

Jamie Passon says 8-9 months wait if an order goes in today. been emailing him about the 855.

i am currently researching the 855 for the 66. i like the 855 approach due to a 4-speed driveshaft can be used; i dont want to mess around with driveline angle adjustments.

my 66 has a 727 with center console and i would like to keep the console.
anyone know if i would have to weld in a 4-speed tunnel underneath the center console?

watermelon

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back