• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who does chrome bumpers@ low cost

glassman

Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
I have a 68 Dart and it needs bumpers. Who can do a good job at a reasonable price around central Ohio? I know a Dart is not a b body.

Keystone Automotive rechromes bumpers. Pretty sure the only plant that does the chrome is here in Minnesota.

Here is a link to Keystone locations around Columbus. Give them a call and see what they say.

http://www.lkqcorp.com/us/en/locations/location-results.aspx?q=43002&t=0&d=50

- - - Updated - - -

I would think a body shop in your area would have an account with them and could send your bumpers in.

Ogden chrome is a good shop here in my local area. They ship for free.

if you are looking to save some money look into powder coating them.some pretty trick colors,including metalics,can be done out there.

Chrome shops are becoming fewer and fewer due to environmental issues with all the chems used. Powder coating sounds good. I am looking into doing a carbon fiber looking vinyl wrap on my fiberglass bumpers.

Depends on what you mean by reasonable price. I sent my stuff to Ogden Chrome, and they will send call tag for pickup and return shipping included in cost. Their prices went up a bit from the beginning of the year, but with the shipping included in their price and excellent customer service, and excellent results on my bumpers, cant go wrong.

One more vote for Ogden chrome, top notch work and reasonable pricing:headbang:

I'd say nobody. Last time I had anything chromed it was maybe 6 yrs ago and me and a buddy piled up 8 bumpers and got them done for $325.00 each. And that was a deal at that price. The job came out great as I expected. The shop is The Best Chrome in San Martin (pronounced Mar-teen) CA.

Keystone did the front and rear bumper for my 70 charger for $314 each last winter. There was no shipping charge and they did a nice job.

Thanks guys on the tips----I never thought of the powder coating----a silver metal flake would look cool

I'd say nobody. Last time I had anything chromed it was maybe 6 yrs ago and me and a buddy piled up 8 bumpers and got them done for $325.00 each. And that was a deal at that price. The job came out great as I expected. The shop is The Best Chrome in San Martin (pronounced Mar-teen) CA.

Stockton Bumper use to be a good place too... Doesn't help someone in Ohio thou....

- - - Updated - - -

AMD sells both front & rear for 67-69 Darts fro $329 each

Attachments

• AMD 68 Dart rear Bumper $329.jpg
    AMD 68 Dart rear Bumper $329.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 269
  • AMD 68 Dart front Bumper $329.jpg
    AMD 68 Dart front Bumper $329.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 273
sandys bumpers in syracuse ny did mine last year, real nice job,under $400.00 bucks

Not sure about AMD,but I'ver heard of a few that had fitment problems and the chrome wasn't the best coming outta CHINA:frog:

Thanks guys on the tips----I never thought of the powder coating----a silver metal flake would look cool

:D ... or perhaps one of the other 6,500+ powder colors available??? LOL I'm not too far from Ohio either, and Joey recently hooked ya'll up with a PSC Vendor discount. It would be an honor to give you a quote glassman.

Not sure about AMD,but I'ver heard of a few that had fitment problems and the chrome wasn't the best coming outta CHINA:frog:

I don't know where they get their product, how much is outsourced... it was just another option, to find a bumper...

Bumper chrome

I have a 68 Dart and it needs bumpers. Who can do a good job at a reasonable price around central Ohio? I know a Dart is not a b body.

Had the rear bumper on my 66 satellite done by Keystone. Cost a little over $400 with taxes etc. and it took them 3 months but it really looks good.

Auto Transport Service
Back