• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who else has a garage dog?

1STMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
I love dogs. Any breed, personality,
or temperment..
At 68 years old, I've had many loyal
companions. Some eagar to prove
their retrieving traits as there was
a time where bird hunting ate up a
majority of my weekend time, to those
that were content with overall family
interactions.
Enter Tripper. Half border collie, half
Australian cattle dog. If I didn't know
any better, I'd swear he's a past
relative reincarnated. Quick to learn,
and a prisoner to everyday routine
as in his mind everything is done by
the clock.
The dingo in him resonates with all
visitors he's familiar with. And he's
very wary of those he's never met.
Through 5 years, his place is in the
garage, with me and my son, as we
work towards getting our current
project complete.
He's very defensive of his territory,
and totally respects his boundaries.
He never leaves the yard unless told
to do so.
He absolutely hates squirrels as they
torment him by traversing the yard via
the cable TV lines.
Who else here has been blessed
with such a loyal companion?
Trip is perfectly content with
accompanying us in the garage,
ever watchful.
20220807_130347.jpg20200618_145921.jpg20200612_190000.jpg20200527_125033~2.jpg
IMG_20191031_155002_01_01.jpg

I love dogs and really miss ours that passed away a few years ago. We won't be getting another, I take having one very seriously and end up letting them run my life, as it should be. Thanks for sharing!!

Tiily was my barn dog. She would hang outside the door in the shade, chewing in a piece of firewood (making mulch, I called it) . Every 10 minutes or so, she would bring it to me for a couple throws and let me get back to work. I really miss her terribly.

On the other hand, she trained Boomer well enough that he does almost the exact same thing. He is, in turn, teaching our new girl Lilly Belle the ropes. I really should have taken some pics of her and the mulch piles she left behind.

This was taken 2 weeks before she passed away. Happy dog helping me detail the car, with her ever present stick (firewood)

IMG_3318.jpg

Last edited:
sasha cwm gtx and me.jpg
sasha and gtx july 2019.jpg
sasha.jpg
We came very close to having to do the unthinkable very recently with Sasha, our 15 year old
Cairn Terrier - her health had gotten that bad and she was pretty much giving up.
This after treatment and consultation with supposedly the best vet in the region, too.
I had already resolved it in my mind. It was that close...

Then a chance meeting one morning when she was at work with my wife happened, when
the local vet happened into her business. Next thing she knows, he's on the floor with Sasha,
checking her over (he's elderly, so that's no small feat for him).
He suggests a couple meds and to "not give up on her yet"....so we didn't.
I'm happy to report Sasha is doing much better, short of hearing loss - she's got some of her
moxie back and things are almost normal again.
What a blessing.

My mom has a garage cat! My Newfoundlands won't go in the garage. "Bobcat" is always looking for a fight even though the dogs outweigh her by 150 pounds each.

It's amazing after seeing all these pics,
that dogs and Mopars just seem to
go together. Those are some nice
looking cars, too.
20230304_232336.jpg

My boxer/Mastiff mix Ruby turns five soon. She'll come out to the shop and do a walk-through, but she doesn't want to just hang out there. She'll lay in the walk-in door threshold, the roll-up if that door is up, or the shop porch. She naps wherever she pleases! Not a big fan of the car ride, though. As you can see, she makes my one-ton look a tad small!

Ruby couch.jpg

IMG_20230611_183610286_HDR.jpg

D300 side2.jpg

Last edited:
No dogs in my shop. I do like them, I have owned a few
I have a snake that lives in my shop helps keep down the mice population
My shop is in the country

I keep noticing that early DR 650 in photos... :) 90 - first year - model isn't it?
Good car, Im sure great dog and good bike - good garage!
Yes first year, I love that bike, big power and just goes and goes. Mostly fire roads and to work sometimes. Do you have one?
Runner is a customer car I am working on.
Mia is my helper.

I keep mine out unless the floor is clean and I'm not working there. Too many things to injure feet with and I don't want them under foot while I'm working. They're only about 15' away anyhow, camping out on the deck trash talking cur's who go by attached to humans.

This is Betty White. Not a shop dog but my riding buddy at local cruise nights.

1688179297960.png

Auto Transport Service
Back