• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who else has a garage dog?

Sasha passed away this evening. Wife and I are crushed...
Goodbye, my girlie-girl.
So sorry to hear Ed. We all know it's inevitable, but it still hurts. There is always that one which burned it's way to your soul. Rest easy Ed, she will be waiting for you.
R.I.P. Sasha

Ohno...
Ed, I am so very sorry to hear that your beloved Sasha has passed. I understand how you are feeling. Tilly was my bright and shining star. She passed 4 weeks ago yesterday. I am still having difficulty with her loss.
Like a walk in the sand, dogs leave a large inprint on our hearts. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife during this time of loss.

RIP Sasha, you were greatly loved

Condolences Ed. I'm sure she had a wonderful life because you and your wife were in it.

Condolences Ed. I'm sure she had a wonderful life because you and your wife were in it.
Thank you everyone.
You know, I told the guy upstairs after Pop died that I wasn't going to give Him or anyone else the
satisfaction of seeing me all tore up and emotional after the next loss...and I meant it.
Problem is...
I fucked up.

This is Bentley. He's turning 7 next week. He loves the shop and going for rides. My best buddy ever.

20230703-095534.jpg

Thank you everyone.
You know, I told the guy upstairs after Pop died that I wasn't going to give Him or anyone else the
satisfaction of seeing me all tore up and emotional after the next loss...and I meant it.
Problem is...
I fucked up.
I don’t think you did. Look at all the pleasure you had with her, and the love she gave you.

Goodbye, my girlie-girl.
Sorry to hear that, prayers for you.
Remember the all the happiness you gave her and the fun and silly things you shared.

We're about to go through the same with Titan, we're struggling. Three weeks ago he started a growing a mass under his jaw, over the last week has lost weight. He's happy and comfortable, so we'll see. My mom's Boxer, same age, had the same thing, they cancer test and she died in her sleep 3 days later. So we're apprehensive, but I know he doesn't have long, I just hope it's peaceful and not at the vet.

Diesel as a puppy and also playing with his and the kids semi tire swing.

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

Goodbye, my girlie-girl.
Just seen this today and Im sorry Ed for your loss. It sucks and hurts big time. Take care my friend. Dave

I have a shop cat. If we could have a dog I would have one but we are knee deep in cats and it can be hard adding a dog to the mix. It definitely takes the right dog to make it work. We fostered one years ago. It was an elderly dog named Boots, owned by an old person who died. We looked after her until she got adopted. She was a real sweetheart that got along with our cats just fine. We regret not keeping her and still miss her.
My shop cat Gary hangs out with me, and loves the time with me. We have two others, and have owned as many as five and looked after as many as fifteen during our various disasters. Gary doesn’t like other cats and would much prefer it if she were an only cat. So her and I hang out in the shop. Whether I’m working on my WannaBee or reloading ammo or talking on my ham radio she just plops down beside me and purrs and sleeps without having to worry about other cats.View attachment 1489883
Sahara, that is a beautiful cat! I really like solid grey and solid black cats. We have one tuxedo that intimidates my shepherds occasionally. 8 lbs. verses 80, wins often. My girlfriends family has had multiple cats and dogs at the same time.

Sahara, that is a beautiful cat! I really like solid grey and solid black cats. We have one tuxedo that intimidates my shepherds occasionally. 8 lbs. verses 80, wins often. My girlfriends family has had multiple cats and dogs at the same time.
Thank you. That is Gary. She was born in the pound and spent nearly a year there. Wife got her as a comfort cat when she was (successfully) undergoing cancer therapy in 2017.
We’ve had many, many cats over the years and she is the smartest we’ve ever seen. She is seriously about as smart as a six year old child.
She has very short, stocky, powerful legs.
IMG_1733.jpeg
IMG_1583.jpeg

Last edited:
Shop dog "Tavish" getting some seat time while we sort out a carb problem on the boat.

20230713_122310.jpg

I have a Heeler question. Lately I've been hearing a chirping sound like a smoke detector. I'm pretty sure my Heeler is making it (along with a few other sounds I've never heard from a dog before). Anyone else heard a Heeler chirp?

I have a Heeler question. Lately I've been hearing a chirping sound like a smoke detector. I'm pretty sure my Heeler is making it (along with a few other sounds I've never heard from a dog before). Anyone else heard a Heeler chirp?

I've had Heelers. Never heard those sounds.

I would take your friend to see the Vet and get him checked out. Squeaks, chirps, rattles could be a trachea or lung issue. Best to pay a professional to diagnose. Hopefully it's nothing.

Auto Transport Service
Back