• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has MOVED from their home state ? How difficult was it for you?

I have been busy with home improvements and not been working on the cars as much lately.
THEN I saw this meme:

272185962_1010239449482862_7992912430033177353_n.png

Our situation is different though. I'm wanting to get top dollar for this place so it is worth the effort to replace single pane windows, paint the deck, patch dented walls and repaint as needed.

Why did this even come up in Greg's moving thread? Or at all?
Political affiliation is one of the reasons he is moving away from California. I won't get into it here, lets just say, they don't alien with his needs politically. Political realignment.

Political affiliation is one of the reasons he is moving away from California. I won't get into it here, lets just say, they don't alien with his needs politically. Political realignment.
And I agree with his thoughts on the subject... But that doesn't mean a thing about different races..... There are plenty of Black conservatives, even here in California... As were as Hispanic conservatives, Asian conservatives, Middle Eastern Conservatives.... Funny thing, none of those groups see a need for a "Special Vision".. They want to live their lives as "Americans"......

And I agree with his thoughts on the subject... But that doesn't mean a thing about different races..... There are plenty of Black conservatives, even here in California... As were as Hispanic conservatives, Asian conservatives, Middle Eastern Conservatives.... Funny thing, none of those groups see a need for a "Special Vision".. They want to live their lives as "Americans"......
The city of St. Louis has a large population of black, mostly black. They have collectively voted for the replacement of any right thinking politicians and now the good people of the city are living with the consequences of the majority. That was really my point, I agree not all people are bad regardless of color. I hate when people say this, but I truly have many close friends of color and yes, they do lean right.

Until EVERYONE stops using “people of color” there will always be a divide.

My family moved from Atlanta, GA to the DC suburbs in the mid 70's and it was quite traumatic for us
kids, having all grown up in the same house in the same neighborhood.
Two totally different worlds, really - and we all wound up moving away from that region with time, me
being the last to go in 1995.
Wound up here in TN (where both sides of our family were originally) and never regretted it.
The old stereotypes about both regions are true, turns out.
People are just more friendly and laid back here; up yonder, not so much.

Yes, sales tax is high here - but property tax is silly low, there is no "personal property tax" (just pay
for your vehicle tags each year) and most of the state doesn't even have emissions or a safety inspection
on vehicles, either.
Even more importantly, there is no state income tax, either.
I got a little over 10 acres up here on the side of the ridge just outside a small town; my nearest neighbor is
a quarter mile away and I can see for about 50 miles out in about a 180 degree radius in a line running SW-NE.
I've told you all stories of interactions with folks around here before.
I just feel like this is the part of the country I belong in; not knocking anywhere else, folks are just folks here.
ditto.
moved from western mass to tn
best move i made for my life.
was it hard, well maybe I made it hard. could have contracted a mover. but decided to do it myself. bought an enclosed trailer. 4 trips for the house, bout a month apart, and 5 trips for my garage. I still believe, best thing I ever did.
had it with massachusetts stupidity and bullshit.
the last trip. I put
"the state of mass can kiss my ***"
on back of trailer....
quite of few thumbs up on highway

I said I was going to be done, not out of fear of a good debate. I don't what to ruin this thread for Greg.
I know you’ll respect the rules, that wasn’t directed to you. But I know some people that won’t, hopefully that doesn’t happen. And this great thread stays

God, I want to say it sooooooooooooooooo bad, but the title of the NAACP alone is racist from the word GO!
Don't go there!! Start a thread in the political forum and we'll talk about it!

Pansy! Lol!!!

I hear ya brother!!

11 Great Reasons To Stay In California

Mar 24, 2023
641dd35fcb878641dd35fcb879.jpg

According to reports, hundreds of thousands of people have fled California in recent years, citing minor annoyances like aggressive homeless people, increased violent crime, and crippling taxes.

But all these concerns citizens have may be overblown. There's still a lot to love about the Golden State. Here are 11 great reasons to stick around:

1. Zillow estimates your cardboard box house will be worth $3 million in just a few years - Hoooold - HOOOOOLD!!!
  2. If you identify as black you have a decent chance of scoring millions in reparations soon - Pull a Rachel Dolezal and you can be cashing in big time any day now.
  3. There are beautiful natural sights like the warm glow of forest fires lighting up the skies - We call them "the golden lights," and they're magnificent.
  4. Everyone will be gone soon and then there will be no lines at Disneyland - You'll have to push the button to start up the tea cups yourself, but no more waiting!
  5. Everything at CVS is free - Even better than no waiting - no paying for anything!
  6. When you pay your massive state tax bill, you get a sense of satisfaction that you're supporting some hobo's fentanyl addiction - No amount of money saved can make up for that feeling.
  7. Law-abiding citizens don't have guns, so there is never any crime - It's science.
  8. There's great weather outside of fire season, drought season, and deadly mudslide season - There are three days in April without fires, droughts, or mudslides. Enjoy them.
  9. You can ski and surf on the same day, even though you haven't done either in years - But you can be smug in the knowledge that you could if you really wanted to. (But you don't). (But you could).
  10. You can go camping right on the sidewalk - No permit required.
  11. Best of all, the government will make all your decisions for you - This is maybe the best reason to stick around: you won't be burdened with pesky concepts like "liberty" and "personal responsibility." Good ol' Gavin will take care of ya.

Well, that's all we can think of. If these didn't convince you, then move to Texas and enjoy your lame "freedom" and "guns."

Auto Transport Service
Back