• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who hates SNOW ?

I love snow. I've often wondered if my Norwegian genes make me predisposed to cold and snow.

My Father was a full blooded Dane...and I love the cold! I live in the north and work outside at night and the coldest I've worked in was -49*C without the windchill, worst part is all the damage I've done to my hands and fingers causes them to hurt in the cold, but I can live with that.

This is my snow clearing equipment for my property...

sDLebaGh.jpg

GBfJ7Muh.jpg

My Father was a full blooded Dane...and I love the cold! I live in the north and work outside at night and the coldest I've worked in was -49*C without the windchill, worst part is all the damage I've done to my hands and fingers causes them to hurt in the cold, but I can live with that.

This is my snow clearing equipment for my property...

View attachment 1208265

View attachment 1208266
My old '91 Ram still runs strong, most of the hassles have been with the ancient Meyers plow. Rebuilt a unit I got free last year and hope it'll stay ready when needed.

Hey, love these posts, alot of great comments... I got a question... has anyone here NEVER seen snow ?

I don't mind the snow it's better to look at than the gray seemingly lifeless landscape over the winter.
But when we get day upon day of lake effect cleaning off the car every time you want to go somewhere gets old.
So does shoveling.

But a fresh white coating of snow on a clear January day is a bright and beautiful thing to see.
2DarlSvLIKrPP79BfdjVyFM0FAS5aQiQMd_S8l8FLlkhBgipJtpOtcWi9u8up-Ll2YpHbuc=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0.jpg

HOAuVv0UTHQFxHkI-z0-UiZVBNth7MUSq4wzkS8XqAst1VMQtwnV56M6sSvf4de6wRP8oJE=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0.jpg

I don't mind the snow it's better to look at than the gray seemingly lifeless landscape over the winter.
But when we get day upon day of lake effect cleaning off the car every time you want to go somewhere gets old.
So does shoveling.

But a fresh white coating of snow on a clear January day is a bright and beautiful thing to see.
View attachment 1208936
View attachment 1208937

Finally got to start parking inside the garage last year....first time in 30+ years of driving that I've had that luxury, sure is nice with all the cold and snow we get up north. ;)

Finally got to start parking inside the garage last year....first time in 30+ years of driving that I've had that luxury, sure is nice with all the cold and snow we get up north. ;)
wife gave up her spot in the garage so i could keep her magnum RT awd in there until i get it put back together! I got her a buick lucerne to drive when the magnum engine went south with a dropped valve seat! she said she loved driving the buick, after about 3 months she wanted the dodge fixed!
I have 4 garages and never had the luxury of using one for my DD!

I do. Here in Pa. it means car melt... I mean road salt. Now they brine the roads, just to make sure it gets in inaccessible places to rot from the inside out. Yup. I hate it.:D

We got about 7-8" over the weekend.

We went up there to clean out the driveway and check on the place and it was nice to see the fresh snow glistening it the trees, but it was also nice to come back home to Massatucky where there is no snow. Yet.

We went up there to clean out the driveway and check on the place and it was nice to see the fresh snow glistening it the trees, but it was also nice to come back home to Massatucky where there is no snow. Yet.
It was bare here until about 10 am Saturday.

I do. Here in Pa. it means car melt... I mean road salt. Now they brine the roads, just to make sure it gets in inaccessible places to rot from the inside out. Yup. I hate it.:D
Lol, after driving on our WI roads in winter, this is what my ride looked like. I restored it; but was a bee-itch finding all the parts I needed for it cuz forgot what the model and year was..

Tires .jpg

Lol, after driving on our WI roads in winter, this is what my ride looked like. I restored it; but was a bee-itch finding all the parts I needed for it cuz forgot what the model and year was..

View attachment 1210406

Same here. Don't mind the snow but hate the salt, brine & gravel they spread around here. You can watch your car rust away! Apparently the brine is the worst - a buddy's truck had all the accessory bling you can imagine, chrome & stainless. After one winter, it was all pitted.

View attachment 1210406
No wonder I had difficulty building it as an Olds..

Auto Transport Service
Back