• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is NOT eating turkey on Thanksgiving?

Baked hen. Stuffed deviled eggs. Hash brown casserole. Cornbread dressing. Pumkin pie. Yes its all home made.
We did buy the whole hen though.

Turkey? I like Turkey!

turkey.jpg

Wife bought a turkey after I "advised" her not to. No idea what she paid for it, but I'm sure that it was too much. I'm kind of a sour-puss when it comes to Thanksgiving. I don't give two sh*ts for turkey in the first place, and then she cooks way too much food and I get stuck with clean up duty which takes way too long. After over two decades of this arrangement I just want the punishment to end. I'd be fine with Chinese take-out or a trip to Denny's for Thanksgiving at this point... The Swanson's TV Dinner even looks okay...but make mine Salisbury Steak... :D
I'm with you but miss having fried turkey. After shooting it up with Cajun Injector and letting it sit for a couple of days, then frying at around 300*, they sure were good. Dang oil is out of sight these days too and well, I'm the odd man out with my immediate family. The X is the center of attention and all of my side of the family live a long ways away these days. My sister is 175 miles but doubt I'd go over to her place even if she lived a mile away.

Since I'm under the weather, I've been eating stuff other than turkey. Had a ham samich earlier. Was supposed to go over to a friend's place and have a steak. Oh well.

Turkey with all the trimmings. My wife buys bigger turkey than we need so I have leftovers for the next day or 4. Happy Thanksgiving to All.

Turkey with all the trimmings. My wife buys bigger turkey than we need so I have leftovers for the next day or 4. Happy Thanksgiving to All.
Make turkey salad! I used to fry every year and would buy the largest bird that would fit the pot. Used less oil that way too. Left overs ain't a bad thing imo....

Man, pouring cats and rats here!! Almost glad I am under the weather and stayed home. Had 2 3/4" of rain in the gauge before it started to monsoon again.

Auto Transport Service
Back