• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is NOT eating turkey on Thanksgiving?

As planned...Cornish game hens, stuffing, potatoes, green bean casserole, salad, yams and dinner rolls. Apple pie and pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert. And a delicious red wine! Had "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie and then "Happy Thanksgiving" by Adam Sandler playing during our meal.

After that, the dog show on TV.

Last edited:
I don't have any family where I live, no kids and most of my friends do have there own crew - so Thanksgiving is often a "just try to get thru it" holiday for me. Wife is an RN and often has to work. So my self orchestrated tradition for many years has been a Cornish game Hen, scalloped potatoes, salad and all 3 foot ball games. When I lived in Colorado I had a big group of friends, some single, some married with no kids etc - So then there was always someone that orchestrated the dinner for the group of strays. Always fun. Nothing like that here in CA - besides the fact I'm a bit on the older side these days and that kind of thing doesn't seem to happen here. This year I have a new machine amd will be rotisserie roasting my hens in an air fryer. We'll see how that works out - nothing ventured nothing gained.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys and your families. God Bless

A friend of mine brought over some turkey, ham and some 'fixins' on Thursday and the folks I was supposed to be a guest of on Thurday brought over a steak and some fixins early Friday. Sometimes having good friends is betterin having.....well.....

We do a small get-together at our house Wednesday night for drinks and appetizers and I put a pork shoulder on the smoker that we'll take to the folks' place the next day, to use with my sis-in-law's famous handmade tortillas and salsa for tacos in the morning (with the proper beverages of course!).
They have a rotisserie pit out there so we roast a whole lamb throughout the afternoon (while enjoying the proper beverages of course!) and serve it along with the more traditional turkey & ham-type stuff for dinner.
It's basically a three-day long Armenian/Irish/Scandinavian party! And that's not including the German and Mexican neighbors that stop by to share their many foods and drinks...
Then the weekend hits and it's time to recover and put up Christmas lights LOL

We do a small get-together at our house Wednesday night for drinks and appetizers and I put a pork shoulder on the smoker that we'll take to the folks' place the next day, to use with my sis-in-law's famous handmade tortillas and salsa for tacos in the morning (with the proper beverages of course!).
They have a rotisserie pit out there so we roast a whole lamb throughout the afternoon (while enjoying the proper beverages of course!) and serve it along with the more traditional turkey & ham-type stuff for dinner.
It's basically a three-day long Armenian/Irish/Scandinavian party! And that's not including the German and Mexican neighbors that stop by to share their many foods and drinks...
Then the weekend hits and it's time to recover and put up Christmas lights LOL

Im sensing a trend here. lol

Im sensing a trend here. lol
1553427281.gif

:rofl::rofl: :rofl:

not sure what i'll be eating but, will be at ford field watching the Lions devore the cheese heads :lol:

Cornish game hens, stuffing, creamed corn, green bean casserole, rolls, apple pie with ice cream. Just the wife and me this year, no need for a turkey.

Last edited:
Going over to a friend's house and will eat whatever that is set on the table.....

Turkey for me. I'll stand by American
tradition if only for one day a year
when it comes to eating the bird.
Not a big turkey fan. I actually worked
at a turkey plant processing turkeys
for Butterball. Saw 6500 turkeys a day
from cage to wrap. Steam pouring out
the shipping doors as freezer temps
were 32 deg with outside temps
@-20 deg. If most were witness to
how these birds are processed, ribeyes
would be the holiday favorite, until