• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is our oldest active member ?

he hoarded them all.... no wonder I never saw one

Around this area there were allot of them, And Studebakers, and Kaisers, Packards, Nashs, Crosleys... All sorts of weird cars that didn't rot away around here...

Around this area there were allot of them, And Studebakers, and Kaisers, Packards, Nashs, Crosleys... All sorts of weird cars that didn't rot away around here...

never saw any of those either....... no doubt it has everything to do with being rusty and pretty much disposable

I'm so old, my birth certificate is in papyrus, and my birthdate is followed by the letters B.C.

Someone is just wanting to get a jump on writing obituaries.

So now that we all agree most of us are older than dirt.
Anybody remember the rules of the road we were taught ?
One comes to mind is flashing your headlights to on coming traffic that there is highway patrol or a problem for them to slow down ?
No one does that any more. How about moving to the left to allow traffic/drivers to merge on to the road.
All I see is no courtesy among drivers at all these days.

I was thinking.... being born in 65, probably aware of cars by 71...... I never saw a Studebaker or an Edsel on the road as a kid, only later in life at shows; even then, I can count them on one hand......in my mind they were ancient vehicles the older folks talked about
I'm so old that on long drives when we were kids, my brother and I would play a game seeing how many Hudson's versus Studebaker's we could count!

When I was young, dirt was still clean. Sooo, there’s that!…….

4/3/45 1:30 AM....

tried to buy a 67 Coronet plain Jane with hemi+4spd @ 22......

now trying to restore one with the help of B bodies!

Keeps me alive too!!

I'll be 71 in a few weeks....but feel worn out lots of times with the way my back is.....but I'm 116 on Facelessbook :D

4/3/45 1:30 AM....

tried to buy a 67 Coronet plain Jane with hemi+4spd @ 22......

now trying to restore one with the help of B bodies!

Keeps me alive too!!
I was born 6/5/1947. Don't know the time of day though; I was asleep.

So now that we all agree most of us are older than dirt.
Anybody remember the rules of the road we were taught ?
One comes to mind is flashing your headlights to on coming traffic that there is highway patrol or a problem for them to slow down ?
No one does that any more. How about moving to the left to allow traffic/drivers to merge on to the road.
All I see is no courtesy among drivers at all these days.
LOL, a driver flashed at me the other day on a side road. Took me a couple seconds to realize what he was telling me. Cop was 1/4mile away. Worked out good.

I'm at the point, I WISH somebody told me that I look like I was born yesterday !!

We had a guy local that had over 250 Edsels, he daily drove Edsels well into the 90's, when he passed away the were collectors from all over the US here for the auction..
A friend’s father-in-law is 98 and still getting around using a cane. He bought a ’58 Edsel new and still has it and drives it. Though his driving time is real limited (he might be done now as the story is of late). He has taken it to local car shows. Not that many years ago (being around 90 then) he drove it cross country and had done it a few times before. Quite the guy to chat with about what things were like in his younger days!

Horses ? What are horses ? You ever try to saddle a tyrannosaurus rex ?

Yeah, you choose the wrong dinosaur... Stegosaurus are better for riding...

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 9.35.01 AM.png

Auto Transport Service
Back