• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

ckofthecarrierValleyForgeCV45ThepilotoftheaircraftwasMidshipmanHJCBurchardiofSolvangCalifornia-1.jpg
ckofthecarrierValleyForgeCV45ThepilotoftheaircraftwasMidshipmanHJCBurchardiofSolvangCalifornia-2.jpg
deckofthecarrierValleyForgeCV45ThepilotoftheaircraftwasMidshipmanHJCBurchardiofSolvangCalifornia.jpg
ckofthecarrierValleyForgeCV45ThepilotoftheaircraftwasMidshipmanHJCBurchardiofSolvangCalifornia-3.jpg
ckofthecarrierValleyForgeCV45ThepilotoftheaircraftwasMidshipmanHJCBurchardiofSolvangCalifornia-4.jpg
ckofthecarrierValleyForgeCV45ThepilotoftheaircraftwasMidshipmanHJCBurchardiofSolvangCalifornia-5.jpg

Rolls-/Packard Merlin in a P51 Mustang has such a "PERFECT "note" to it and such a PERFECT fighter for its time; SR-71, enough said. :thumbsup: lol

That was nowhere near a collision. It was a faster plane passing the slower one.
Shouldnt have happened but it wasn't close to a collision.

That was nowhere near a collision. It was a faster plane passing the slower one.
Shouldnt have happened but it wasn't close to a collision.
So the pilot of the faster aircraft flew up the *** of the slower aircraft on purpose? Maybe relying on his innate ability to predict every possible action taken by the pilot of the slower aircraft.
:steering:
Unless they were in contact and operating in concert, the faster pilot was reckless or not paying enough attention. IMHO
I think I'd be more than a bit miffed.

We dont know if that was staged for the camera.
If it wasnt, IIRC an aircraft may not be operated within a certain distance from another without prior arrangement.
And if he was on final approach, I never saw the runway.
If it was a controlled airport, the FAA will be looking for the guy.

From the FAA:

"A near midair collision is defined as an incident associated with the operation of an aircraft in which a possibility of collision occurs as a result of proximity of less than 500 feet to another aircraft, or a report is received from a pilot or a flight crewmember stating that a collision hazard existed."

Auto Transport Service
Back