• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

me-262a1a-jv-44-pilots.jpg

Jagdverband 44 pilots and their Messerschmitt Me-262A-1a Schwalbe fighters at Munich-Reim in 1945

WTF-31.jpg

Royal Australian Air Force get a very close look at a captured Messerschmitt Bf 109F-4 with RAF serial number HK849

tumblr_nngrqb4iqk1uoai9lo1_500.jpg

Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat fighter found at Yokosuka, Japan. The Hellcat crashed landed on Formosa on 4 January 1945 and was captured by Japanese forces

I love avaiation! You guys won't beleive this but I designed and built 3 all wood and fabric covered ultralights in the 90's. I had no previous experience but my father was a WWII fighter pilot and became an Aeronautical Engineer so I had all the help for structural questions. This is # 3 of the herd. Power came from a 340 CC oil injected liquid cooled Kawasaki snowmobile engine that I developed for aircraft with a 2.65:1 belt reduction unit my machinist buddy built from 6061 T6 aircraft raw stock alum. It was a great little machine. I sold many kits and plans and several kits for all three but 9-11 hit and the Feds shut down the sky so it fell into a stall (no pun intended). It was a fun 10 year adventure for sure while it lasted. First pic is at Lakeland Fl. at the Sun & Fun show and second is at Oshkosh the next year. Hence the graphics added. P.S. Dad flew the Corsairs and P51 and trained in a Stearman. He also built homebuilts but they were FAA registered. Just thought you guys might like this little story of my past.

zing1.jpg unnamed.jpg

I love avaiation! You guys won't beleive this but I designed and built 3 all wood and fabric covered ultralights in the 90's. I had no previous experience but my father was a WWII fighter pilot and became an Aeronautical Engineer so I had all the help for structural questions. This is # 3 of the herd. Power came from a 340 CC oil injected liquid cooled Kawasaki snowmobile engine that I developed for aircraft with a 2.65:1 belt reduction unit my machinist buddy built from 6061 T6 aircraft raw stock alum. It was a great little machine. I sold many kits and plans and several kits for all three but 9-11 hit and the Feds shut down the sky so it fell into a stall (no pun intended). It was a fun 10 year adventure for sure while it lasted. First pic is at Lakeland Fl. at the Sun & Fun show and second is at Oshkosh the next year. Hence the graphics added. P.S. Dad flew the Corsairs and P51 and trained in a Stearman. He also built homebuilts but they were FAA registered. Just thought you guys might like this little story of my past.

View attachment 1100049 View attachment 1100050
Just an added note. It weighed 248 Lbs. empty. Hard to beleive. This is design number 2. It had a 2 cylinder VW 1600 CC that I cut in half. I love a challlenge. It flew well also. I sold the rights to a guy in Old Saybrook Conn. He still sells plans as far as I know. Second pic has his info. And is my updated version of the white plane.

oshkosh-cropped1.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

The F-106 should be the ultimate interceptor, as it was the last interceptor that the USAF bought. Everything else since then has been a fighter. 1,500 mph. is impressive now, it was amazing in the 1950s.

The F-106 should be the ultimate interceptor, as it was the last interceptor that the USAF bought. Everything else since then has been a fighter. 1,500 mph. is impressive now, it was amazing in the 1950s.
I was at Oshkosh several years back at the south end of the runway. I heard a gigantic rumble and it was the Concord. When it was on climb out it was the loudest thing I have ever heard. The ground was shaking. The guys camping next door were aircraft techs at Ohare. They said it stretches eleven inches on takeoff. Its an amazing machine but I hear its been grounded. They were selling rides to Canada or Texas. The ride lasted less than an hour if I recall correctly. Holy Crap!

I was at Oshkosh several years back at the south end of the runway. I heard a gigantic rumble and it was the Concord. When it was on climb out it was the loudest thing I have ever heard. The ground was shaking. The guys camping next door were aircraft techs at Ohare. They said it stretches eleven inches on takeoff. Its an amazing machine but I hear its been grounded. They were selling rides to Canada or Texas. The ride lasted less than an hour if I recall correctly. Holy Crap!
Yes, the Concorde fuselage grows with heat from high speed air friction, about a foot. However the interior does not, so the floor is actually mounted on rollers so the body can shrink and grow around it. It has been grounded, the last flight was in 2003. British Airways wanted to continue flying it, but after Airbus withdrew its maintenance support it no longer had a valid air worthiness certificate.

Auto Transport Service
Back