• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

1665901811715.png

Not this one, it had a P&W R2800. It has more displacement and more power than the Chrysler IV-2220 hemi.

The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton, On. has one of two flying Lancaster's in the world. They offer rides in it to the public. I understand it is about $4,000 for 1/2 hour flight, and they are booked up for more than a year out.
This Saturday, I go to the Museum (about 1 1/2 hours away) for a flight in their Dakota (DC-3). My daughter and son bought this flight for me as 75th birthday present.

wow.....$450 for a B-17 ride or $500 to $1700 in a B-29. But, with only two Lancs flying (and a third on the way). and I doubt if the BoB Memorial Flights sells rides.

wow.....$450 for a B-17 ride or $500 to $1700 in a B-29. But, with only two Lancs flying (and a third on the way). and I doubt if the BoB Memorial Flights sells rides.
What coincidence...my wife and I just watched an old episode of Ice Pilots where Joe attended an air show and was given a ride in a Canadian built Lancaster.

America's Oldest Fighter Plane 1917 Nieuport 28. RPM controlled by an Ignition Modulator 1, 2, 3 or 4 cylinders. (Skip to the 6:15 mark for the startup)

Last edited:
America's Oldest Fighter Plane 1917 Nieuport 28. RPM controlled by an Ignition Modulator 1, 2, 3 or 4 cylinders. (Skip to the 6:15 mark for the startup)

Old Rhinebeck Field in New York. I’ve seen this plane and many others there flown. My wife and I even flew in their 1929 New Standard biplane. Lots of fun!
A0AC32D8-85F8-4B63-A9DF-6B7439A42206.jpeg

The Rhinebeck WWI show is very good take in.
Yes, we had a great visit there. The reenactment had a bit of a timing issue (simulated bombs detonating before they were dropped from the bi-planes) but that made it even more fun. The announcer was quick on his feet and got the crowd to laugh by making some jokes about it.
My favorite was touring the hangers and seeing some of the rehabs taking place. They had a replica of The Spirit of St. Louis when we were last there.

Auto Transport Service
Back