• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

Spiteful-1945.jpg
Seafang_Belly.jpg
SupermarineSpitefulMk14RB518.jpg

Supermarine Spiteful

My favorite was the UH-1D and it varients......and its often said, "treat her like a lady and she'll always bring you home" in a different lifetime, long long ago, we did what we were told.....and did things that we needed to do.....and pushed the bird to it's maximum......I flew the bird, door gunners and maxed out at 15, with main rotor at red line, EGT at max ..... it'll get off the ground....barely.....sluggish response, but it brought us home.....although the Concord was great......the UH-1H brought us thru it all.......in a lifetime I care to forget.....
BOB RENTON

1686165890408.png

Airfields_W_Pacific_htm_fbb745d.jpg

A September-December 1945 photo by G.J. Smith of the wreck of a Vought F4U-4 Corsair at Marpi Point Airfield (courtesy of Terry Smith).

Terry Smith reported, the “F4U-4 landed with a hung 500 lb bomb which exploded during landing rollout killing the pilot.

'Suicide Cliff' visible in the background.”​

Auto Transport Service
Back