• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

apparently, it was faster than either side had. but Germany didn't know how to make the English plane

7b6322ed583b57affe70c285f8f7fd23.jpg

I'm "out of the business now", retired D.O.D. June 01 2018...but still located 20 miles from the Air Force Flight test Center (AFFTC) or more commonly known as Edwards AFB....Lake Muroc.
Lots of rumbling late at night, early morning hours...Zero dark 30 stuff, some of you understand.
Some talk about a 6th Gen fighter coming "on-line" for DT or Developmental Testing. (OT is for Operational testing, that is when the "Bird" goes to Nellis AFB, Las Vegas.)
Well...
We "know" there are about five B-21s, each a prototype...one for basic Flight Characteristics, one for LOADS testing, heavily instrumented for testing strains on wings etc, Xducers for all sorts of parameters (this is what I did for 18 years on F-22), one for Avionics upgrades etc etc etc.....
Well, apparently the 6th Gen fighter is coming
Helendale CA is off the 395 and is located East of the Edwards range.
Helendale is where Lockheed-Martin explores/tests Radar signature, remote out of the way place in the Mojave.
Supposedly, this was "Leaked" and the write-up is from a Skunk works PM
Take it for what it's worth:
(I will say this, the F-22 Test budget has been greatly reduced)

16339602731970.jpg

"Located at the company’s Skunk Works facility at Plant 42 in Palmdale, California, Helendale has played a key role in stealth aircraft development for decades.

The video first appeared on video-sharing platform TikTok before being reported on by news outlets.

The shape resembles an up-side-down stealth aircraft similar to concept art released by defence manufacturers including Lockheed Martin."

Jeff Babione, the head of Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works advanced projects division later declined to comment "in a somewhat cryptic way", according to Joseph Trevithick of The War Zone. Babione declined to comment on the test shape, "without offering any further explanation of what the test shape was," Trevithick said. "This response was somewhat curious, since one would think that if this was something non-sensitive, such as a test shape for calibration purposes, he would be able to simply say so." image.jpeg

Hmm, couldn't do it last night
Thank you
Plant 42 is a hop-skip-and a Jump down the Road, 50 miles, and here in the Mojave Desert it is a Spit away....
Very Interesting shape we have going on here
Again, R/D for the "22" has been slashed....
(It is 20 years old now...imagine that?)
So, could this be something like the Air Vehicle of tomorrow?

100 percent YES....?

My job in NAM. H34 Med Evac Door Gunner. This is in the Foyer of the Marine Corps Museum in Virginia. Same ki
D8FC4776-D6D2-41D6-BF6F-4832F1C9708B.jpeg
nd of bird I was on.

I have posted once. And shall again. Flying is evil. If God meant us to fly? He would not have gave us the wing!

unnamed.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back