• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Ships? We Have Aircraft and Trains.

The USS Fairway.
The newest ship in the fleet.
Commissioned last year, during the US Open tournament.

Sorry, had to do it. :lol:

USS Golf Course.jpg

USS Enterprise CV-6 The Big E
View attachment 1418301
Really ashame that she was not saved as a museum ship. Most decorated, sole survivor of the Yorktown class, early development of a type of ship that revolutionized war ships/obsoleted every battle ship, and changed the policy of US Navy strategy in less than 20 years.

On that note. A video of my ship/home from September '85 to November '89 USS Hepburn FF1055
I was on her at the time of this video, about mid ships at the water line (roughly the stern of the captain's gig, the small boat hanging in the davit)

She is now resting at the bottom of the Pacific, sunk as a practice target.

Last edited:
It's a shame USS Enterprise wasn't saved, though Admiral Halsey certainly put in a valiant effort.

My favorite British ship from WWII; HMS Warspite. A shame she also wasn't saved as a museum, a true fighting ship. She even put up a fight while being towed to the breakers!

Link to her Wikipedia:

HMS Warspite (03) - Wikipedia

o371syv209351.jpg

Edmund Fitzgerald.
That was a big boat.
Or when is a boat, a "Ship" ?
Gotta forgive me, I'm an old Air Force guy, not Navy.

Gordon Lightfoot song, back in 1976.
The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald.

Edmund Fitzgerald (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Battle damage on the USS Albert w Grant
She was mistaken for an IJN ship and suffered friendly fire. This happened at the battle of Surigao Straight
We decimated two IJN battle lines and used some of the ships raised from the Pearl Harbor attack.
1676592671323.png

Last edited:
Edmund Fitzgerald.
That was a big boat.
Or when is a boat, a "Ship" ?
Gotta forgive me, I'm an old Air Force guy, not Navy.

Gordon Lightfoot song, back in 1976.
The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald.

View attachment 1419010
The Fitzgerald was ship
A good rule of thumb is
A boat is a vessel that can be lifted out of the water and placed on a ship
But there are exceptions, reference post #23

Last edited:
USS Neveda, beached after Her run from Batleship Row
arbour-oahu-island-after-the-news-photo-1589333057.jpg

USS Neveda, war over, painted orange for two A Bombs tests, which didn't sink Her.
USS-Nevada-in-orange-as-target-ship-USN-1946.jpg

USS Neveda, sunk by naval gunfire and torpedos. She should be at Pearl Harbor as a memorial.
5ecc749e5aac6.image.jpg

USS Washington
A North Carolina class ship
She took on an IJN battle line after the South Dakota was knocked out of action. She sunk an IJN battleship and destroyer. This resulted in stopping a night action to bombard the marines on Guadalcanal.
Yay Washington
1676638664491.png

This is a shot of one of the turrets on the North Carolina. It is hard to get a scale of these rifles until you see something like this. The arrow points to the recoil line which is 4 feet. These are 16/45 guns.
20230217_093744.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back