• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who loves ya 69 4 door Coronet? Yeah, that's right....I do!!!

Thanks for the video update.
Is this the carstar shop you mentioned?

Ok guys, here are some pics during the strip to bare metal phase for your viewing pleasure! Also, Shannon says he may have the engine compartment and the underside of the hood and trunk painted by this weekend!

2376.jpeg

2440.jpeg

2441.jpeg

2442.jpeg

2446.jpeg

2480.jpeg

2481.jpeg

2438.jpeg

Last edited:
Shannon sent me a pic of the paint, B3 for the exterior and B7 for the interior.

2486.jpeg

I just wanted to mention this vendor where I bought a few parts such as an NOS passenger quarter panel and a used deck filler panel for my 1969 Dodge Coronet 4 door. AMS Obsolete - NOS, Used, Aftermarket & Reproduction MOPAR parts, 1914-present, and here is the link to their website: http://www.amsnos.com/

1969 Dodge Coronet 4 door weekend 4 restoration update we have color! 05262018

Last edited:
Week 5 and a half 1969 Dodge Coronet 4 door restoration 2 minute update 06042019

I was able to locate an NOS passenger quarter panel for my 4 door car and it arrived with some documentation on it you all may find interesting.

Where did you find such a rare piece? I'd imagine shipping was $$$.

Where did you find such a rare piece? I'd imagine shipping was $$$.
I found the 4 door quarter panel on ebay and it came from AMS Obsolete - NOS, Used, Aftermarket & Reproduction MOPAR parts, 1914-present, and here is the link to their website: http://www.amsnos.com/ I think shipping was $200 due to the fact that they had to build a crate and the size of the item, it arrived on a tractor/trailer rig. I am just glad they had the quarter panel I was looking for!

Just a short update from Dave from http://precisionmachineserviceaz.com/ who is building the 318 for my 69 Coronet 4 door.

Balancer arrived yesterday, heads have new guides and in line to get back on for the seats and valve job. Block is in line for the align hone (3rd place), and crank will go out on the next round (after the two out now come back). You told me Chrysler blue, so the oil pan, valve covers, and timing cover are all panted blue.

IMG_2435.jpg
IMG_2437.jpg
IMG_2438.jpg
IMG_2436.jpg

Week 6 1969 Dodge Coronet 4 door restoration update 06092019

1969 Dodge Coronet 4 door weekend 3 restoration update 05192019

How difficult were the fenders to be removed Bart? Was there any adhesive from the factory at the seams? Or did it simply unbolt and come apart?

How difficult were the fenders to be removed Bart? Was there any adhesive from the factory at the seams? Or did it simply unbolt and come apart?
The front fenders did not have any adhesive that I saw, just a lot of bolts, some in hard to get to places. Since I am painting this car, I did not go back with the dirty, painted hardware, so I got part# MN2894 - 1968-69 Mopar B-Body Fender Hardware Mounting Set - 76 Piece Set from Classic Industries for $89.99 to re-attach the fenders.

1969 Dodge Coronet 4 door restoration, the lost video from week 8 07232019

Last edited:
We have primer!!! Weeks 11,12,13 of the 69 Dodge Coronet 4 door restoration 07282019

Auto Transport Service
Back