• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who loves ya 69 4 door Coronet? Yeah, that's right....I do!!!

Watched it on YouTube about an hour ago! Nice!

How was the 1 inch height difference fixed in the trunk?

How was the 1 inch height difference fixed in the trunk?
I was afraid someone was going to ask that................honest to God.......a neighbor with a tractor that had a bucket came and bent it back in place hydraulically. I approved this as I did not want to deal with transporting the car to a shop with a frame straightening set up. I saw before and after, and I am happy with the results. Actually, I do not think the frame was bent, but I know the metal in the inner fender was.

Just a short update from Dave from http://precisionmachineserviceaz.com/ who is building the 318 for my 69 Coronet 4 door.

Balancer arrived yesterday, heads have new guides and in line to get back on for the seats and valve job. Block is in line for the align hone (3rd place), and crank will go out on the next round (after the two out now come back). You told me Chrysler blue, so the oil pan, valve covers, and timing cover are all panted blue.

Im not sure if Chrysler blue is the correct color for a 69 318. My 68 318 is red in my 4 dr Coronet 440. If your block is a 74 block then that would be why it was blue. I could be wrong but you may what to do a little research on the color. Unless you like the blue..it is your car.
I found your video's on YouTube last night. Very interesting being Im restoring a 68 Coronet 440 4 dr also.

20181101_183529.jpg

Im not sure if Chrysler blue is the correct color for a 69 318. My 68 318 is red in my 4 dr Coronet 440. If your block is a 74 block then that would be why it was blue. I could be wrong but you may what to do a little research on the color. Unless you like the blue..it is your car.
I found your video's on YouTube last night. Very interesting being Im restoring a 68 Coronet 440 4 dr also.

View attachment 819762
Hey Wilson's ride! I am glad I am not the only nut job out here restoring a 4 door!!! Are you documenting your restoration with pics or video? Have you opened a build thread? I would love to follow along with your project. I left you my email address on youtube if you want to get in touch and I will send you a PM as well. I see you are from Michigan....that is where my car came from!!!!

Weekend 16 1 minute update on the 1969 Dodge Coronet 4 door restoration 08182019

Week 18 update (prepping for paint) on the 69 Dodge Coronet 4 door restoration project 08312019

This is exciting. Maybe you can bring the coronet to the Tucson classics or cops n rodder show?
I love to see it.

This is exciting. Maybe you can bring the coronet to the Tucson classics or cops n rodder show?
I love to see it.
Yeah, I'll have to see what shows are available after it is completed and passes the shakedown testing!!!

Ok guys, this is a For B-Bodies only exclusive! Shannon (my painter) sent me some pics via text this morning between steps as he paints the car. I will make a video later. Just as a note, he ran out of clear after the third coat on the top , hood and deck lid, the sides only have 2 coats at this time. Nothing is open today where we can get the clear, so that will have to be applied on another day which means some more sanding, but the car looks amazing. The first pics are in sealer, then color, then with clear.

4781.jpeg

4782.jpeg

4786.jpeg

4787.jpeg

4791.jpeg

4797.jpeg

4798.jpeg

4799.jpeg

4800.jpeg

Last edited:
Gorgeous.
I appreciate that Bill! I am so excited to finally see color on the body!!! It really looks good to me! I know I still have a way to go to get the car on the road, but this is a big milestone!!!

Wow, looking great Bart. She is a beauty. Great to see how much work you have put into your car and the documentation.

Week 20, the 69 Coronet 4 door is all cut, buffed and ready for reassembly! 09152019

Week 22 of the 69 Dodge Coronet Restoration, sound deadening done, more jewelry installed 09291019

Auto Transport Service
Back