• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Rebuilds AC Compressors?

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
Who did you have rebuild yours and how did you like the price and results?

I went thru my 65 Coronet A/C compressor, just to make sure all was well. I have done these in the past and they are very simple. Get a service manual and do it yourself. It will probably only require a gasket set. And of course, a front seal (Do not touch the seal mating surfaces with your bare skin!). Lube with the oil compatible with the refrigerant to be used.
Mike

I went thru my 65 Coronet A/C compressor, just to make sure all was well. I have done these in the past and they are very simple. Get a service manual and do it yourself. It will probably only require a gasket set. And of course, a front seal (Do not touch the seal mating surfaces with your bare skin!). Lube with the oil compatible with the refrigerant to be used.
Mike
That's what I was thinking. Did you do a write up on your rebuild?

I've found this Chrysler tech video highly informative...

The gasket/o-ring sets are almost damn near impossible to find since COVID. I have accumulated a lot of NOS in the last 2 years since I don’t know if it will ever return.

Auto Transport Service
Back