• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who uses tubes in their slicks?

Who taught you that little trick? :thumbsup:

SSR, I sure do appreciate the clever advice!! No significant leakage in 2 years. Also by following advice from Coker by switching sides after a couple runs & the back, the rotation was minimal & hasn't moved at all since.

SSR, I sure do appreciate the clever advice!! No significant leakage in 2 years. Also by following advice from Coker by switching sides after a couple runs & the back, the rotation was minimal & hasn't moved at all since.

Sweet, just did a new set today. Now just waiting for the season to start.

Dawn dish soap on a sponge, slop it on. That along with glue on the beads. I marked my tires. They haven't moved more that 1/2" on the rim (been 1.240/60). Before glue they moved 180 degrees in 20 passes. No air has been added to them since September.
Doug
I actually slopped on two coats. Tires were off for a week. It did slow the leaking quite a bit but didn't stop it.

I actually slopped on two coats. Tires were off for a week. It did slow the leaking quite a bit but didn't stop it.
Air them up while the soap is still wet. What happens is the liquid soap passes through the pores in the sidewall and seals them.
Doug

Dawn dish soap on a sponge, slop it on. That along with glue on the beads. I marked my tires. They haven't moved more that 1/2" on the rim (been 1.240/60). Before glue they moved 180 degrees in 20 passes. No air has been added to them since September.
Doug

What "glue" do you use on the beads?

Tubes for me.
No worries at all.
Helps with sidewall life...

Yes
Most years winter layover
If I'm buying new for the next season
I leave on the ground
You?

I've been leaving them on the ground since my car sees the outside air on a regular basis otherwise I'd be at Harbor freight buying 8 sets of jackstands and peek in the garage at just look at them.

I've been leaving them on the ground since my car sees the outside air on a regular basis otherwise I'd be at Harbor freight buying 8 sets of jackstands and peek in the garage at just look at them.

Harbor Freight
Quality Chinese stuff...FTW

I run tubes inside Hoosiers, prior too these I ran Firestone ( Phoenix) since the early 70's. The rims have screws and never had any movement. I could be wrong but I believe racing tubes are natural rubber which keeps them pliable.

I run tubes inside Hoosiers, prior too these I ran Firestone ( Phoenix) since the early 70's. The rims have screws and never had any movement. I could be wrong but I believe racing tubes are natural rubber which keeps them pliable.

The tubes I ran in the "old days", both Firestone & Goodyear were natural rubber & still seem very pliable sitting in the storage room. Notice that the price hasn't gone up that much in all these years.

Auto Transport Service
Back