• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whoopee, Vol.II

72Fourspeed

Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
Well,been chompin at the bit the last 2 weeks waiting to get ahold of the new toy. No pix yet as I am illiterate & need the grandkids to help post them. Went to Nebraska & drug home a 1963 Plymouth Savoy 2 door sedan! Finally my signature matches the garage. Was probably originally a decent drag car,but a couple owners ago it fell into mis-engineering. Not the guy I bought it from,before him. Body is pretty straight,floors good, trunk is sheet metal. Has a roll bar with bars going up to the front rails. Inner fenderwells gone. Tubbed & springs moved in poorly.
A buddy builds circle track cars,good fab guy, but hasn`t done much drag car or Mopar work. We`re going to redo the spring hangers,put in some new trunk metal & do the 451 I had planned for the 65Coronet 500. Any opinions on putting the inners back in or leaving the bar? Anybody run without them on a street/strip car before ? Going out to the garage & make vrom vroom noises. Don.

Leave the front alone,set up the trunk with fuel cell,redo the tubs, and hang some cal-trac's amd let's go cruzin'!!:icon_bounce:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 100_4841.jpg
    100_4841.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 112-1278_IMG.jpg
    112-1278_IMG.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 113-1330_IMG.jpg
    113-1330_IMG.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_1836.jpg
    IMG_1836.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 287
Congrats on the car and I would never make noises like that, well at least I wouldn't admit to it.:toothy9:

Spring relocation

Hemi-itis, How much rubber on that 63 ? And how far in are your springs ? I am no fabricator,so been thinking about the Mopar kit, any opinions ? Don.

Hemi-itis, How much rubber on that 63 ? And how far in are your springs ? I am no fabricator,so been thinking about the Mopar kit, any opinions ? Don.

Don,my street meats are 16.5 X 31,springs moved into the rail with a mopar kit and mini tubs.The wheel LIPP is removed,it's so much better WITHOUT THE LIPP!!.Got 3 seasons outta sportsman pro's without a chance of traction.
I will try the ET Streets next.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 243
  • 7-9-06-BSD-Sun_781.jpg
    7-9-06-BSD-Sun_781.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1835.jpg
    IMG_1835.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 219
rear spring hanfers

I have a bunch of "de-engineering" to do. I think the Mopar kit into the rails is my ONLY option seeing as how all the original stuff is long gone. Wish it was a virgin,but they are few & far between. PST has the B/E body kits for $119 at the moment. Any body know why the A body kit is a different # ? Got to get it titled first & then start scraping !@#$ off the rails & floor,might as well redo the frame connectors too. They are awfully small-1.5 tube or so. My initial unbridled joy is now somewhat dampened,but it IS a 63 postcar ! And it will get done safely & hopefully over the winter it will get the 451. Lotsa work for a fat old guy with a gimpy shoulder,but hey, gotta have something to bitch about ! Don.

sounds like you have a nice project. I'm doing a 64 so I know what you are going through. Mine was done pretty good so less headaches. But, there is always challenges in these old cars that is were the fun is.

Auto Transport Service
Back