• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why all these calls and texts about my house lately?

XS22J8R

Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
It seems like almost every day in recent months I get calls and texts asking if I want to sell my house. I know the housing market is tight right now with low inventory, but what is the point of these calls, do they ever actually find anyone who says yes?
And I live near Chicago, who wants to buy near here anyway?! Most everyone I know around here like me, wishes they could leave the state.
Anybody else getting these constant calls and texts?

I get quite a few, finally one made the mistake of having the home office address listed, so I went to visit to find out why. If the owner's address is different from the home address, that 'triggers" a search program.

It seems like almost every day in recent months I get calls and texts asking if I want to sell my house. I know the housing market is tight right now with low inventory, but what is the point of these calls, do they ever actually find anyone who says yes?
And I live near Chicago, who wants to buy near here anyway?! Most everyone I know around here like me, wishes they could leave the state.
Anybody else getting these constant calls and texts?
Yes, for about 4 years now. They even call to buy another property that I have that just has a falling down shack on it, and it’s in the flood zone (flooded right now). Too many flipper shows fooled people into thinking they can get into that game too.

Usually not at the prices they offer but, occasionally, they probably run across somebody desperate. Every so often I get a postcard in the mail with an actual cash offer that's about $120K less than Zillow says my place is worth.

All the time!!! Most have a foreign accent as well. I tell them that if they wanted to buy my place, the price would be $ 1.5 million. "Click" is the response I have been getting...Gets them every time...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

The one I got this morning before I posted this, I told the guy sorry, too late. I already sold my house to the last 500 flippers who called me in the last week!

I’m curious - Do you guys all have land lines? Since I ditched my landline about 10/12 yrs ago - No more bs calls. I realize some want to keep the landline number they’ve had for decades (like my sister - We’ve had that number since my dad built our home - 1953) But as long as you have it you’ll get these calls.

I’m curious - Do you guys all have land lines? Since I ditched my landline about 10/12 yrs ago - No more bs calls. I realize some want to keep the landline number they’ve had for decades (like my sister - We’ve had that number since my dad built our home - 1953) But as long as you have it you’ll get these calls.
I got magikjack for business some time ago and give out that number instead of my cell. Since then I have fewer bum calls on the cell and the magikjack hardly gets any for whatever reason, plus it was dirt cheap.

We have a landline and get those calls a lot. It has a answering machine so we don't answer the phone just let the machine get it and listen to see who it is just in case we need to pick it up. I have gotten texts occasionally on my cell for the same thing and I just block them so they can't call back.

I still have a land line and give that number out to all the ones that I do not want having my cell number. I get very few junk calls on my cell while everyone I know that has a cell phone only gets all kinds of crap calls. If I get 1 crap call on my cell within a week, it's a lot. But I'm going to look at that magikjack stuff. My land line is getting to be almost as expensive as my cell bill.

i get those calls also some times i play with these people answer like i am a 90 year old lady and just keep saying the same thing over and over until they hang up on me

I still keep a landline for backup and emergencies but really don’t use it. Only calls I make on it recently are to my cell phone if I can’t find it. Then listen for the ring and track down my lost phone!
The calls and texts about the house are to my cell. Not sure how they got my name and number.
The last text I got a few days ago said “heard youre talking about selling your house, when can we talk?”. Other than griping about this state and saying I wish I could move, where did they hear me saying anything about selling?

A lot of those calls around these parts are hungry real-estate agents looking for a quick commission.

They don't care about you or your property - as long as they get a quick flip or sale they don't care.

My in-laws are frequently harassed by local Chinese agents because houses around theirs are being knocked down and re-purposed as multi-dwelling properties - as in like 5 or more houses where once one stood.

A lot of those calls around these parts are hungry real-estate agents looking for a quick commission.

They don't care about you or your property - as long as they get a quick flip or sale they don't care.

My in-laws are frequently harassed by local Chinese agents because houses around theirs are being knocked down and re-purposed as multi-dwelling properties - as in like 5 or more houses where once one stood.
Herrro, Chan here. We frip house for you

Haven't got that one yet lol

Herrro, Chan here. We frip house for you
:xscuseless:

1712347700103.png

I do as a backup even though it is through the internet as the old-fashioned landlines are way too expensive to hook up now and most of the service carriers prefer the landline through the internet. It's a pain that I get them all the time but I always play with them and when I use the 1.5 million dollar price I always get the "Click." cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

It’s wholesalers wanting to sell your house for you without being a realtor. They tie you up in a contract then look for a buyer. It’s not a scam but slimey either way you look at it. I have 5 houses, just how many calls I get!

I have gotten checks for our house in the mail. They are always 100k less than our house is worth. I always throw them away. Really annoying thinking that someone would fall for that.

Auto Transport Service
Back