• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why BF Goodrich

I prefer the Cooper Cobra's over the BF Goodrich and they even have the white lettering if you so desire. Personal I have mine black side out, but wheatever floats your boat.
I also like and run the Coopers Cobra. Good traction, long tread life, decent drivers for sure.

The BFG’s were popular due to there , for then, good grip on turns and street. Not a hot shot tire like today’s rubber, but much better than the other offerings. They felt good riding down the road and they also had a good tv campaign going on. They likened the tire to new sneakers. The sneakers were on a athletic set of legs running around and jumping and... you get the picture.

I didn’t think they were bad for the time. Not one bit. They do have a lower tread wear rating vs the Coopers.

One other reason to go with BFG RWL tires is they are one of the few that make a 295/50-15, Radial. By order of price we have Cooper, Mastercraft, Mickey Thompson, Coker BFG, Hoosier and BFG. There may be other brands that make black wall 295/50-15, Radial but I prefer RWL tires on a classic muscle car.

Why and when did everyone in the Mopar hobby start using BF Goodrich tires?? Everywhere you look there they are. Even my RR has them on it. Just curious.
I just bought a 1964 Sport Fury. Needs a lot of TLC, but I plan to run B.F Goodrich tires on it. Back in the day, I used air shocks on the rear to get a rear up posture. What's popular today?
BTW, if I run 15" tires, how large can I go on the rear and not have issues?
John

I just bought a 1964 Sport Fury. Needs a lot of TLC, but I plan to run B.F Goodrich tires on it. Back in the day, I used air shocks on the rear to get a rear up posture. What's popular today?
John
Just get the proper leaf springs. Lots of B body guys run Super Stock springs for a little extra height. You can order new springs from Espo Springs and Things in stock, 1 and 2" over height.

John
It will depend on the wheel backspacing. My car, with the 15x8 Welds on a 4" or so back space,had no issues with the 275/50-15 Coopers even with it being lowered.

Auto Transport Service
Back