• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do people do this $#!+????

I can tell you why I smoothed mine, it didn't have one when I bought it nor did it have a driver side inner fender for that matter. Personally I could care less about the tags as long as the vin and stampings are there but I can see why one would want these for a correct restoration.

Wow, 4 1/2 year timewarp. :)

Fortunately, I still have my fender tag. It's a little rusty though.

Wow, 4 1/2 year timewarp. :)

Fortunately, I still have my fender tag. It's a little rusty though.

Now you have me wondering how I came across this thread? I didn't search for it and didn't even notice the date? Ah ha now I know how a came across it, I was looking threw someone's "latest started threads" to see if they had a build thread and must have seen it there. Sorry for the time warp.

With my car, a previous owner took the tag off "to keep it safe", etc., and then many years went by, he died, no one could find the files, so tag is lost forever. :angryfire:

My suggestion is to put them on the car where they belong. If you are worried about someone stealing them (but want the car to be original looking), simply put a spot of weld where the screw pokes into the fender underneath - or maybe a machine screw with a nut and Loctite.

Gaaahhhh.... everyone should move to Vermont. Nobody gives a sh*t about any of this.
Washington used to require a VIN inspection by the State Patrol for all cars brought in from another state, but that went away several budget cuts ago. I had to have 2 of my Chargers inspected when I moved here back in 1988, and they had to verify the VIN in 2 locations. 1 of my cars was missing the tag from the door jamb, so I had to make an appointment to bring it back when they had time to put it in their shop and locate the VIN in another location (which they apparently didn't want me to see, since they wouldn't let me go with the car to the shop.)

For the car with the missing VIN tag, out here the State Patrol would want to inspect the car and verify the VIN (and that it's not stolen.) Then they would put a tag in the location of your old VIN tag that lets officers know that the VIN has been relocated or replaced with a new number issued by the State Patrol. I've seen about a half dozen of them over the years.

Anyone notice the red 69 Coronet R/T for sale that we cannot comment on? Some idiot removed the tags on that one too. The steering wheel, lowback front seats etc are interesting. Looks like a nice car for a good price but would like to know how it started life.

- - - Updated - - -

Galen Go V-A. If he ever gets back to you, tell him the Coronet has a column mounted Tach secured with a rusty hose clamp in his Honor.

Anyone notice the red 69 Coronet R/T for sale that we cannot comment on? Some idiot removed the tags on that one too. The steering wheel, lowback front seats etc are interesting. Looks like a nice car for a good price but would like to know how it started life.

- - - Updated - - -

Galen Go V-A. If he ever gets back to you, tell him the Coronet has a column mounted Tach secured with a rusty hose clamp in his Honor.
And I want it in writing.

you can get ones remade, google it I cant remember the guy that was doing it

Auto Transport Service
Back