• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why Mopar ?

I grew up in an Auto Glass shop that my dad owned. In and out of that shop were all his Mopars, my entire childhood. He used to buy em, drive em, flip em. He always bought one car just in order to sell it to make enough money to buy a better one. One of his cars he had was an all white all original all #’s 426 hemi satellite that ended up getting featured in Hemmings motor news magazine after he sold it to another guy who did a full resto on it. He used to take my brother and I for rides in these 383, 440 cars and we loved it when he would take off and it forced our necks back into the seat. After working for him for a few years I ended up getting a few of my own cars. A bodies. Couple Darts, and a scamp. I always wish I never sold those cars. I also had a few first generations Cummins trucks over the years (5 speeds) and an 1985 standard cab short bed ram, 360/727. I got Mopar tattooed on my arm when I was about 21/22. My dad called me an idiot. I now love it, because when I’m cruising with my arm out the window it’s shown clear as day. I’m strictly mopar because of looks, and because they’re all I’ve known and loved over all these years. One of my favorite things to say to people is “EVERYONE has an SS....not everyone has a 66 Coronet.” It’s much rarer to see an old B body (or any body) cruising down the road than it is to see chevelles etc etc. and everytime anyone sees an old mopar like that (even if they don’t have any knowledge of what it is) they always say “wowwwwww”. Two pics to share: Me when I was 20 standing in front of my dads 1985 Dodge Ram W150 that I lifted 4”. And me just a few days ago with my new purchase 1966 Plymouth Belvedere II poly318/727.

9145C883-226A-4F5D-BB8E-8AEF6F0DDF88.jpeg 93D0574F-D58E-45C0-9F9C-53E36B02529F.jpeg 2585AB9E-F713-4A10-BB26-ED7A7B65C629.jpeg

Always liked b bodies. Mostly 65-70. Not a big fan of anything after 1970.

A guy in our neighborhood had a yellow 69 bee and another guy had a 70 bee in B5 blue with a cage and a vertigate shifter (white c stripe)

Always wanted a 68-70 superbee, but after looking at lots of garbage, I ended up with the RT.

Bought my 68 when the market was down and I turned 40.

That said, I really dig musclecars in general. I’m no “mopar or Nocar” guy. That’s silly to me. Way too much good iron out there to pigeon hole myself into one brand.

I own two hotrod cars (the 68 coronet and a purpose built 1991 mustang race car that I bought brand new) and one hotrod boat with a big block Chevy in it (well, it’s BBC architecture but doesn’t have a single GM part in it)

I like to build them to thrash on them! No trailer queens for me, just doesn’t make any sense to build a car you are afraid to / cannot drive.

My favorite type of hotrods are period correct “day two” cars, followed closely by survivor cars.

Us kids rode our bikes, the peddle type, downtown to the local indoor movie theater one Saturday to see Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry up on the big screen. When I saw that Charger, I wanted one. Then it hit the train.... I still wanted one. Even today I'm cautious at Railroad tracks.

Most of us have history of fathers having them, or us as teens. But what is it that really causes us to follow the penta star, instead of a blue oval or bow tie ?
For me it's nostalgia. My Road Runner is almost a clone of my first one (bought new in '69).

When I look at the 68-70 B body cars, I wonder why anyone bought cars from anyone else. By comparison, I think the Chevelles, Tempest/GTOs, Skylarks and Cutlass cars were inferior. Fords don't even come to mind..

Auto Transport Service
Back