• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wife and I had a wonderful day at the Cruise Against Cancer - and I made the news!

That's really great, you did good!
Thanks, I hope I did. I still didn't understand the "why me?" part, but I think maybe my wife cleared
it up for me this morning when she reminded me who Jesus surrounded himself with sometimes.
Good old wife- never catch a break with her. ;-)

Great story Ed! That was a very good idea to
pack your trepidations away to make the extended trip in the GTX. I’ll bet that you were an inspiration
to others. Good on you!
It's been really hard to do anything like that, or to spend money on anything really, during this time of
extended searching for a new gig; can't justify such things in my conscience.
If it's something free of charge and local, sure, no harm there - but this one cost some money, so as
much as I had planned on attending, it took a "push" to make me go.

I got that push the last few days especially leading up to it - I literally was being compelled to go, like
I was being given permission or something. I needed to go.
I used to resist being led like that; I've learned in recent years to shut my yap and do as I'm told when
that happens. :)

When they started pestering me to do the interview, I was genuinely dumbfounded, thought they were
daft for prodding me.
I look funny.
I'm no public speaker.
Most importantly, so I've had cancer 4 times. Big deal. Doesn't make me worthy of anything.
It's not like it's an achievement you strive for or anything....
It happens and all you do is like anyone else - you worry, you fret, you make provisions for "what if"....
then you pray a lot and prepare for the battle.
Doesn't make me a "spokesman" or worthy of attention. Just means He's got other plans.....

I pray I helped, a really do. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Looks like it was a great day.
Looks like it was a great show for a great cause! Nice looking GTX! Life is so short we need to enjoy it more with family and friends..
:thumbsup: thank you
Thanks, gentlemen. :)
Yep, weather held out long enough after such a rainy season so far and it was muggy
but sunny. We left a bit early because the typical afternoon storms were forming back in the
direction we had to go home towards, trying to beat them there (and to be honest, because
I get exhausted out in the heat so easily these days, too).
The GTX cooks us pretty good on the road, too and I didn't want my wife to suffer too badly.
Nonetheless, we did get caught in some light rain about 15 miles from home. It was comical watching
the GTX's windshield wipers trying to work. :)
We got home safely but well done from the baking...

Great point on the friends and family! Most of mine are gone now and I didn't do any of them proper
justice while they were alive, at least in my mind. A regret I live with for sure, even though my wife
constantly tells me I did ok there.
I just wish I had done more - it's such a blessing to have those who care around you!

Thanks Ed for the pics and the vid. Thanks for attending the cause, looks like a great event. Your car looks awesome. Wish I could have been there.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, any of you guys would have loved it! I've been to a ton of shows over the years but this
one had the right vibe like the truly good ones do - and tons of it!

Oh boy, another celebrity! :lol:

Great to see people out and about in your neck of the woods. You're looking good, car's looking good, wifes looking good...I better stop. Hey thanks for sharing!
Oh hell no, I'm no celebrity. Stop that nonsense. :)
Yes sir, folks have been out and about for quite a while now around this neck of the woods.
We still see the scare tactics in the media but I think folks have long since had it with all that stuff.
Thanks for the compliments, my friend. You're 2/3 right, anyways. :thumbsup:

:thankyou: Nice gesture. Well done ed!!
Very cool. Nice car too.
Way to go ED! Thanks for sharing.
Again, thanks everyone for the kind words!
It ticked me off so much last year when medical stuff kept me from attending again...
I still want to go this year - I feel like I am obligated to do so and - any excuse to drive Fred, right? :thumbsup:
Weather has been brutal this spring so far, so there's been few opportunities to do so yet...

Was sent a link to the original news article from back then and figured I'd share:
https://www.wbir.com/video/life/hea...ancer/51-d1eff987-a168-4401-b9da-426a8963aaa4

I have a flyer for this year 2022.
This event is April 23, 2022 at the same location.
thanks
PT in Tennessee

Thanks for sharing Ed. Yeah, cancer took a couple loved ones in my life over the years.
Do you plan on bringing Fred to Carlisle?

Here is the flyer.
thanks
PT

Flyer 1.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back