• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wife is happy tonight....(saved $'s on a 4 poster)

Sounds like a plan. :thumbsup:
Years ago we hauled our used bendpak 9000 home in one piece on our roll back lol

Good score !

that I spend 1/2 my days browsing Marketplace!

I've been trying to get a 4 post lift from Direct Lift since November 12th. Told them I wanted the extended Pro Lift 9 and two Pro Jack 4500's ... "None in stock, but we know they're on the boat". On December 14th the guy called me at 8AM and said "your lift came in, do you want to pick it up or have it shipped". #1 you can't pick up there unless you have a highway van that a fork truck can drive into and #2 he was given a shipping address and supposed to get me a quote. I said it has to be shipped and what is the cost for delivery of the lift and my two jacks. He says "no jacks and we don't know when they're coming in..and oh yah, I forgot to get a shipping quote". I told him I wasn't paying shipping twice (that I've since been told is another $551) and to hold off until my jacks come in to ship everything at the same time. So there sits a lift now for over a month, with my name on it.. no money down, no credit card info given, him CC'ng 4 other sales people so they know this lift "is his" and I haven't heard from him for over a month on what is a total sale of $8219 Canuck Bucks.. ($6250US)

Last night on my 4 times a day scroll through FB Marketplace... right before my eyes the exact Pro 9 extended (121" wide x 193" long not incl ramps), with Jacks and tool trays, appears before my eyes. As new, less than a year old.. car simply stored on top and shoved to the side of a guys work shop that needs some cash. Just finished the deal for $4500 Cash and he's going to have enough guys there this weekend so we can just load the long trays and leave the post/cross beam sets connected together and load into my nice high enclosed trailer this weekend. Posts are 97" high and I have a diagonal door opening of 122".

The savings, on my already boss preauthorized purchase of this lift, is $3719 Canuck Bucks.

The neatest part.. I currently have a total parts expenditure into the Dart of $3708 !
:bananadance::bananadance:

View attachment 1056366
View attachment 1056367
View attachment 1056368
Nice!!! I see a pretty sweet looking sled in there too. I love anything off-road, always wanted to try one out but here in Ohio your lucky to get enough snow to use one a couple times a year.

Glad I didn't answer the phone this morning from a number I almost though was my fishing buddy. One digit different... Direct Lift guy telling me my order was all ready to go. I can't get my "used" lift loaded fast enough tomorrow to make sure it's mine and I get it home........before I give the salesman the "good" news!!

WOHOOO. How da fawk I'm gonna get it back out of the trailer is another story, but at least it's home. Took 5 of us to carry the one deck plate with the lift cylinder in it!
4postlift 007.JPG
4postlift 015.JPG
4postlift 018.JPG

Took 5 of us to carry the one deck plate with the lift cylinder in it!

I believe it. Those things are heavy! When I moved, I called the company I bought the lift from & let them move it for me. They have a trailer that they roll under the (raised) ramps and lower the ramps down onto it. Then they took the legs off and packed them on top. They took it apart and reassembled it in less time than I could roust up the bodies & was well worth the cost.

Nice.. this one is 121" wide, so it don't go through a 9' door with the cross beam in place. Hoping I can make a gantry off the Kubota bucket or use the hoe to get it out.

My wonderful loving Wife....

Took 5 guys to put the lift in my trailer, but just me, the Wife and big Orange are around to get it out. Guys put the 2nd post set in further than the first that made it just a tad "funner" getting out. Got my right forearm between two posts when I was going solo, almost breaking my wrist and then the Wife decided she should join the fun and the 2nd post set broke a strap and fell on each side of her. Fun day... deck plates tomorrow should be easy... :rolleyes:
4postlift 031.JPG
4postlift 034.JPG
4postlift 041.JPG

128" through a 106" door..
4postlift 043.JPG
4postlift 044.JPG
4postlift 045.JPG
4postlift 048.JPG
4postlift 049.JPG
4postlift 054.JPG
4postlift 058.JPG

Last edited:
I realize covids got you in your situation as far as a lack of help, but watching you two reminds me of my wife and I. My wife and I built a two tier deck at our lake house by ourselves. The house sat on a 45 degree hill, 50 feet up the hill from the lake. If you leveled straight out it was about 30 feet above the lake level. I would have to spend about 45 minutes building scaffolding just to get out there to drive a few nails. She was by my side every minute of the day doing what most women would never even consider doing. Then when even put a roof over the top deck. Beside every successful man is a great and always giving woman. People always said I was lucky to have her, I always thought I was smart enough to pick the right women. Your wife could be my wife's sister. I get a kick out of you two. Looks great buddy!!!!

I scanned by this thread a few times. I keep thinking that it read "Wife is happy tonight...Saving for a 4 $ poster. I wondered why you would be so happy with a poster. I mean, the Farrah Fawcett poster helped a LOT of guys through puberty but....

I realize covids got you in your situation as far as a lack of help, but watching you two reminds me of my wife and I. My wife and I built a two tier deck at our lake house by ourselves. The house sat on a 45 degree hill, 50 feet up the hill from the lake. If you leveled straight out it was about 30 feet above the lake level. I would have to spend about 45 minutes building scaffolding just to get out there to drive a few nails. She was by my side every minute of the day doing what most women would never even consider doing. Then when even put a roof over the top deck. Beside every successful man is a great and always giving woman. People always said I was lucky to have her, I always thought I was smart enough to pick the right women. Your wife could be my wife's sister. I get a kick out of you two. Looks great buddy!!!!
Nothing like a good Dutch woman with a work ethic !
summer2018 372.JPG

All a solo act today. Hoe just the perfect length to reach the deck center. Jinxed myself yesterday saying I didn't break the windows out of the hoe. More on the ta doo list. Glue all the pieces together for a pattern :rolleyes: and the next one will be Lexan!

If you ever buy a lift from someone and don't put it all together yourself... have a good look before getting too far into it. Guy was a Cadillac owner.. what can I say?! Had two posts with the cable running diagonal in the post vs straight up, so by half lift the cable is working hard to get off the guide pulley! Top caps on the wrong posts and he also had a lift cable sawing on the hydraulic hose that should have been installed above the cable not below it. That would have made for a rotten day a few years down the road!!

Tomorrow I move the lift back closer to the door and haul the 350lb rolling jack out of the trailer and onto the lift, then back onto the car clean up.
4postlift 061.JPG
4postlift 065.JPG
4postlift 069.JPG
4postlift 073.JPG
4postlift 077.JPG
4postlift 079.JPG
4postlift 080.JPG
4postlift 096.JPG
4postlift 100.JPG
4postlift 087.JPG

Last edited:
nice score, I have the same lift, it was my first one only took me 53 years to get it but man am I glad I got it. your also a lucky man to have a wife like that. congrats.

You would think he'd a been a little more careful putting it together. It's should be a one time deal, not hit and miss. Looks great, good for you!!

Rolling jack set for width and lowered into place. Heavy duty jack tray for the other end that I can use a bottle jack in, 4 drip trays, etc. Put the post lifters in place and rolled the entire assembly with one hand towards the doors, so the ramps are just to the edge of my floor cement with the door open and all that was left to do was load her up! I've got 9" above the roof with the wing 2" from the ceiling and can JUST get the Bee underneath with a 1/2 to spare. Next up, cutting a rectangle into the ceiling between trusses so I can gain another 8 1/2" of lift height. Lift deck plates are the EXACT width of our B bodies!!! Don't try to load a car with Polyglass tires covered in snow! Lastly I turned on the bunk beds mood lights, hoping for something else to appear ... :rolleyes:
4postlift 117.JPG
4postlift 119.JPG
4postlift 126.JPG
4postlift 132.JPG
4postlift 135.JPG
4postlift 158.JPG
4postlift 160.JPG
4postlift 168.JPG
4postlift 181.JPG
4postlift 190.JPG

Looking great Wayne! I was waiting for the shadows to touch and was thinking it was getting pretty dam close. Great set up for sure. Was thinking of doing the same here. With the ceiling joist mods.
Good show Wayne.

You should fabricate an "up" limit switch to stop the motor so you don't accidentally drive that wing into the ceiling.

4postlift-168-jpg.jpg

A whisker switch can be easily placed to kill the motor power.

6374875-23.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back