• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will a 10.5 inch flywheel fit in a 727 bell housing?

Flyboy1400

Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
As the title said, for the purpose of breaking in a new engine without spinning the pump in the trans, will a 130 tooth 10.5 inch flywheel fit/work for this?

That is what I use on my run stand.
As the title said, for the purpose of breaking in a new engine without spinning the pump in the trans, will a 130 tooth 10.5 inch flywheel fit/work for this?

I saw the title… and thought maybe you were running an old Clutchflight. :D

That is what I use on my run stand.
And it clears the input shaft of the front pump ok?

This might be an option if don't want to hook up a transmission to start your engine on a break in stand.

383-440 MOPAR Engine Starter plate | eBay
I bought one of those, but changed my mind about building a run stand (limited space in garage). Figured I could just drop the engine and trans in the car with a flywheel to keep them disconnected atleast for the cam break in.

Plus I need to fab up some exhaust head pipes and that would be easier to not mess up if the trans is in place...or so it would seem
I saw the title… and thought maybe you were running an old Clutchflight. :D
no, nothing that out of the ordinary , just a 440/727 combo

And it clears the input shaft of the front pump ok?

I bought one of those, but changed my mind about building a run stand (limited space in garage). Figured I could just drop the engine and trans in the car with a flywheel to keep them disconnected atleast for the cam break in.

Plus I need to fab up some exhaust head pipes and that would be easier to not mess up if the trans is in place...or so it would seem

no, nothing that out of the ordinary , just a 440/727 combo
I use a gutted 727 case.

I use a gutted 727 case.
That's
1690387322429.png

Auto Transport Service
Back