• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will buy a new Chrysler product ?

Darter6

Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
I'm thinking not.There is not much they have that I would want as a daily driver.My newest Mopar is 15 years old.I just can't wrap my head around these new cars with all the tecno stuff.
And the prices,wow. I never leased a car always bought.
Is leasing the way to go with these new machines ?

I lease, but its for my business.

Ram (5).jpg

I would absolutely buy a Hellcat or 392 Scat pack if I had the $$$$$.

Great cars, Seats are incredibly comfortable. I rode in both a hellcat charger and challenger last year at the Thrill Rides at Carlisle. My Uncle has a Shaker 392 Challenger and I love it.

Hurry and buy one before you cant! '23 will be the last model year...

If I could afford one, newest model Chrysler 300S AWD. I drove one for a week, the V6 was plenty powerful and super comfortable. But alas, I will never be able to afford any new car again.

No truer statement. New cars and or trucks cost more that the 800 S.F house on 1 acre that I bought only 12 years ago.
I paid 80k for my 1200sqft house on 1 acre 7 yrs ago. I completely understand. Trucks costing 80k now.

I lease, but its for my business.

View attachment 1225979
While hunting for a truck to replace my beloved Dakota Laramie due to rusting, the prices were nuts to me, even though I could fork over for a new or newer one. All my trucks have been Dodge and this was the plan again. Closest ones I came across, used, catching my interest without crazy prices were 60-70k miles on them without the options mine has: AWD, V-8, leather, heated seats, etc. Hmm, spend $35-38k+ plus taxes, registration…and my truck has 84k on it. Decided to do a body transplant, rust-free box, new fenders, necessary body work, paint, among a few other things…all in cost was under $4,500 doing most of the work myself over four months. Besides, I like the size of the Dakota as it suffices 80% of the time.
But, if I’d want to buy any truck out there today it would be what you have.

In September I bought a new Jeep Wrangler. I really like it, but I don’t like that you can no longer get a “base” model. Way too many power items for me. I prefer manual locks and windows. Really like the V6 engine. Sounds great, by the way.

Only vehicle I have liked built in the last 40 years are the newer Challengers. Finally bought a 2012 used in 14'. Love the car so far. Have only changed brake pads, tires and oil changes.

IMG_20140724_210408_121 (6).jpg 20160716_125353 (002).jpg

Absolutely, I will and I did. 2021 Jeep GC Limited. FWIW my salary has doubled in the last 15 years so price increases are relative to increases in everything else. My Charger was 3700.00 bucks back in the day but income levels were low back then as well.

Chrysler financing 0% for 84 months or 0% for 48 months with 1750.00 off the sticker. Can't get better than 0%.

I’m trying to, I’ve been waiting since July 23 for the Ram TRX I ordered. I’m a patient guy, but this is killing me

I seriously doubt that I will buy any more new cars in my life, I have a 10 challenger RT, 14 Ram 2500, 01 Ram 1500, etc and my wife as an 09 Caliber and a 20 Subaru Forester. I guess if I REALLY needed to or wanted to I could but I am just not seeing the need. I thought about selling my 01 Viper and buying a HC but not a lot of point in that.

Today is probably the absolute worse time in history to buy any new or even used vehicle. It's nuts.
Old poor people like me and my wife, we will have to keep what we have running...duct tape and baling wire. And, darn sure can't afford to pay anyone here in Tx. to work on anything. Its ts again!

Today is probably the absolute worse time in history to buy any new or even used vehicle.
My friend who's family was in the car business since 1947.Up until last year they sold 3 dealerships.
He said the same thing. Told me to wait till next year as the glut prices will be coming down.Car market will be changing.

I own everything outright
& I don't have or want any monthly payments
If I can't afford to pay cash for it
I won't buy it, it's worked well for me...

In my business, I did do a few leases for multiple trucks...
I'm still torn on whether it was the best deal or not...
My CPA thought it was...

I almost bought a new 2021 TRX, pretty well loaded
21 options of like 35 (?) available
the one I actually wanted was like $90k,
I wasn't going to pay anywhere near that
it was going to be a 'dealer trade'
(at fleet/employee rate like $72k, before all the bs fees)
between a couple of dealership owners/friends,
I know well...
(I used to do a lot of facility management work for both of them)
But;
the yearly registration & insurance was a 'huge turn off'
even me paying cash for the truck
So we didn't follow thru

no great loss, I wanted it, not needing it
was sort of an impulse buy
I still want one, but not for all the extra costs of owning one

my 99 Dakota 4x4 SLT 5.2ltr Magnum
only has 60k miles, a few bolt on performance stuff
tuner, airbox, swirl spacer, 4" stainless intake tube & gauze filter
Flowmaster Delta 50 3" cat-back system, all really woke it up
32"x11.5" M/S tires (like 40k miles ago, still have 10-20k left)
& is in near perfect condition
I just did new shocks, new brakes/drilled slotted rotors
& good pads on the front
the rear brakes are nowhere near needing replacement
& it fits in my lil' attached 20'x20' garage with the RR too
I haven't had any real issues, just reg. maintenance
just a couple of sensors, 1) ABS brake on the diff.
& 1) speed sensor on the trans
(I love that lil' truck, serves its purpose very well)

Budnicks 99 Dakota 4x4 #1.JPG

I also have a 02 F350 4x4 Dually 7.3ltr Powerstroke/5 speed
with about 150k mile on it now, for a tow rig
lots of towing/hwy & around town miles
with a few minor mods, turner & exhaust system
both really woke it up
it's also in really good condition
(my dad drives it like a damn daily driver & uses it for my RV too)
Budnicks 2002 F350 4x4 dually #1.JPG

the 2 trucks combined
wouldn't be the yearly Insurance & reg. cost
of just the 1 TRX :realcrazy:

I guess I'll be slumming it until we get new leadership
& stuff goes back to a more normal reality

I may get a demo or used version if a great deal comes up
my buddies keep me in the loop

Last edited:
Mopar or no car. Canadien assembly. Mexican Hemi. American Muscle.
0A885792-12A7-4CC8-88CE-E16BDEA55953.png
607391CD-2244-4BD0-9B71-7C0AB3EB21AE.jpeg

My dad's an accountant, gave me some advice yrs ago. Buy the cheapest dependable transportation and the most expensive house you can afford. I bought my '03 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4 in Nov '02, 275k plus miles on it and the plan then and still is to keep it till I'm dead. I inherited my '67 Coronet from my Great Grandmother. I have absolutely no need for any more vehicles. Can only drive one at a time and each one has it's intended use/purpose. I'm retired and my income will only go up at max 3% a yr. I get there are quite a few on here who have show off money, and congrats to them. But average America can't afford 1k+ per month car payments.

I bought a year old 2015 Durango that had been an Enterprise daily rental. It was very clean and looked like it had been well maintained. I got a great deal on it, and my wife and I really enjoy this SUV. The V-6 with the 8-speed automatic and AWD is a nice combination with ample power. If I were to buy a new Stellaris vehicle, it would be another Durango, but I think the cost would likely prohibit me.

I’ve got 99 problems and not having money is 98 of them!

Auto Transport Service
Back