• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Modern dodge charger or challenger rims/tires fit our older b Bodies?

Acworld34

Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
I was looking through craigslist and saw some deals on factory rims and tires for modern Dodge Chargers and Challengers and wondering if they would fit our cars.

I have a 1970 Plymouth Satty

so two questions

Would the 18s fit Tires/ wheels

How about the 20s ... I know there will be fitment issues with the front.

Here is some example of the 20s I found though I doubt they will fit.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pts/5221792903.html

I know I seen someone on here try them before but I can't find the post. I think they were the black cop wheels 17 or 18

No. Modern stuff is a metric bolt pattern. 5x115mm. Which comes out to 4.53. Its damn close and people do it, and some people have issues too. I wouldnt recommend it

Satty??????:argue:

Even if the bolt pattern did match up the offset is waaaaay off, almost all newer cars have nearly no dish with most offset favoring the inside. To me this is the biggest turn off for the newer cars..... no dish!

PLEASE do not put 'wennies' on these old cars. "About 17" is pushing the limits in my book.

index.php

The offset on the new cars is around 24 your older car is around 0 ish it will work it will look funny and probably ride like a bow legged hor I wouldn't for rollers there just fine but driving tires maybe around the block or to the wheel store to buy real wheel s .
Good luck ether way you could install the "death spacers" I would highly recommend against it I've seen so many cars loose there 1/4's because of these damn things . But it's your car be safe and if you don't need to I wouldn't wait for something better to pop up

- - - Updated - - -

Hey I think my old charger looked pretty Danny good with 18's I needed to adjust the ride hight but it still looked good .attachment-20140520-101552.jpg

What ??? Are the schools in Florida that bad ???

Offset and the center bore hole size will be the issue.

+26 is low for a modern car, most run +40 to +50.

I've got some nice +23 18" I like to run occasionally, but the center bore size on the rear is way too big for the rims. Considering bolt on spacers, but for the moment I'm happy to run my 15" steelies.

Auto Transport Service
Back