• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Somebody Post a Photo (with scale) of the Clip That Holds the SS Trim on the Rear Window?

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
2:11 PM
Reaction score
The clips I removed were holding the trim on and are 3/4" wide and 5/8" tall. The clips I bought are 3/4"X 3/4" and stick up above the painted surface around the window.

I would like to see a photo with a scale of the correct clip or at least know the size the clips should be.

Thanks

IMG_20180430_153724511.jpg
IMG_20180430_153739463.jpg
IMG_20180430_154054614.jpg
IMG_20180430_160118291.jpg

Last edited:
You asked for a picture.. and that's what's there on that link. No point in my posting the same pictures twice... lol

You asked for a picture.. and that's what's there on that link. No point in my posting the same pictures twice... lol
Sorry, my mind is wandering.

Title edited for "with scale" because I need to know the size of the clip.

The clips I removed were holding the trim on and are 3/4" wide and 5/8" tall. The clips I bought are 3/4"X 3/4" and stick up above the painted surface around the window.

I would like to see a photo with a scale of the correct clip or at least know the size the clips should be.

Thanks

View attachment 603489 View attachment 603490 View attachment 603491 View attachment 603492
Is the clips on the left side of the tape measure the stock ones? They look like the ones I recently obtained new, but they do not grip the SS trim. In the link is shown a modification using a punch and vise to make more of a " tit" to improve that grip. If you do have the stock clips, could you post a side profile pic. Looks like you may want to use the stock clips over again. ..................................MO

In the same boat here as Mo and others - the clips I received aren't right and the situation is exacerbated by having the window already in place, blocking drilling for screws for new ones. Can't get these taller incorrect clips deep enough in the groove and they don't grip the trim anyways.

Is the clips on the left side of the tape measure the stock ones? They look like the ones I recently obtained new, but they do not grip the SS trim. In the link is shown a modification using a punch and vise to make more of a " tit" to improve that grip. If you do have the stock clips, could you post a side profile pic. Looks like you may want to use the stock clips over again. ..................................MO
The clips on the left held the trim before the glass was removed. They were a little bent from glass removal but should work better than any of the latest bunch of repops.

The same place I ordered the tall clips from sell the shorter clips like mine listed for a Charger. Go figure. I don't know if mine are correct for the car but they held the trim on before so I'll probably have to use them again.

Auto Transport Service
Back