• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will this cam be good in my GF Father’s car?

I would want to know how far the piston is down the deck to figure out the compression before I would recomend a cam from those two choices. IMO...If your compression is fairly low, and you have enough valve clearance.. howards. Higher compression w concerns on running pump gas as well valve clearance concerns..Bullet.

The very first thing you do is take the springs off, install the heads and see how much valve drop you have. From there you can decide if you're going to unshroud the cyls to make room for higher lift cam, or say fk it, and put a stock low performance cam in.

The very first thing you do is take the springs off, install the heads and see how much valve drop you have. From there you can decide if you're going to unshroud the cyls to make room for higher lift cam, or say fk it, and put a stock low performance cam in.
Good idea, I’ll pass this info.

What about this cam? I’m not near my girlfriends father’s car at the moment, but I suggested to measure the valve drop with different springs.

IMG_4930.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back