• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free Will ya give me a brake! Free Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chargervert

Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Yes I will give you a brake! Lol! I am removing the 11 inch front drum brake assemblies from the 70 Charger R/T I am building and converting it to disc brakes. If anyone local wants the 11 inch drum brakes from the car come by and pick them up. I am never going to use them and already have a ton of this stuff up in the loft that I am trying to clean up. So they are free to anyone who wants to come and pick them up. There are backing plates,spindles, brake shoes and hardware, wheel cylinders, and drums. All which need to be cleaned up and some parts replaced to be able to be used on a vehicle. The price is free. I would rather see someone use them than scrap them. I am located on the Massachusetts/Rhode Island line. I should have them off the car after work tonight, or tomorrow at the latest.

Here are some pictures of the 11 front drum brake assemblies from the 70 Charger R/T.

20221022_105015.jpg

20221022_104953.jpg

20221022_104942.jpg

20221022_104947.jpg

Hopefully someone can use them. I have started trying to clean up the loft,and don't want to put more stuff up there that I am never going to use. I may have more stuff that I will put out there as I progress with the clean up in the loft. After about eight hours up there I almost have it to the point where a person can almost walk around up there and possibly locate a part in a specific area. There pictures are after the first eight hours work.,before the whole center of the room was so packed with piled parts,it was impossible to walk around without climbing over things. It's too hot up there in the summer to go up there and work,so I am hoping to get it in some kind of order through the fall and winter.

20221010_202204.jpg

Last edited:
Most of the parts belong to or were purchased for my cars,and most will be getting used as I get to each project. I have been buying up the necessary parts to build each car,because once I retire and am on a fixed income,there is no more working a shift of overtime to buy something I want for one of the cars.

Its starting to look like there is no takers for free parts from a Charger R/T!

I think most who consider the parts would need to know how much iron is left to machine on those drums, if any.

My 50 year old drums were already way out of tolerance and I couldn't use them. That's when I upgraded to front disc brakes.
These seem to have a decent amount of material left on the drums. I have seen them paper thin. I didn't measure them though. I don't think I have a proper mic to measure them with.

Seeing as it's for a 70 Charger R/T, I'd assume it'd be for 68-70 B bodies..

If I was closer I’d grab the whole deal for spares for my A12 Bee.
Ever get within an hour of Syracuse NY?

Put your price up to something ridiculous, and they'll sell. :rolleyes:
Is this the same add I responded to this week. I remember responding to this post. the post never had pictures of the parts. what happened to my responding to this post. was my response removed by moderator? Bob Horman

Just as there is an ***, for every seat, there is someone who needs these parts...

Is this the same add I responded to this week. I remember responding to this post. the post never had pictures of the parts. what happened to my responding to this post. was my response removed by moderator? Bob Horman
Comments are only removed if they are just that.

Legitimate questions are allowed to stay.

Thinly disguised bumps by a Non-Gold Seller are also removed.

Comments are only removed if they are just that.

Legitimate questions are allowed to stay.

Thinly disguised bumps by a Non-Gold Seller are also removed.
I know I responded to this add asking the person giving away parts to list the parts. Then i questioned if he was selling the parts. Where did my responses to this add of giving away parts go? bob Horman

I know I responded to this add asking the person giving away parts to list the parts. Then i questioned if he was selling the parts. Where did my responses to this add of giving away parts go? bob Horman
Why yes indeed.....you did respond to this thread three times.

All three posts were deleted because they fell outside the criteria of a legitimate question.

I will pay if you will ship to Rochester NY no big hurry.

Why yes indeed.....you did respond to this thread three times.

All three posts were deleted because they fell outside the criteria of a legitimate question.
I was sincere with my first post to this add. No pictures were posted with the first add. My second response I was wondering if this was really giving away parts? my third was in response to someone questioning my being sincere about this original post since the original post had no pictures posted of the arts the person posting never posted the pictures I thought this was a scam to eventually sell parts instead of giving away parts in the first post Bob Horman

How much would you need to ship it all to Warners NY 13164?
I was just at the Lebanon Valley Mopar show a few weeks ago, I could have brought them. I will have to weigh them and package them up to get a shipping quote. I can ask Steve if he is coming out this way for anything, if he is perhaps he can get them to you. He is in Schenectady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back