• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Willow Springs Track Day Thursday 4/21/2016

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
Rosamond, California. This precedes Spring Fling in Van Nuys. Track day is Thursday. On the prior day, Wednesday the 20th, there will be tailgating at the track at 2 PM. There will be two ex-Chrysler race engineers in attendance to chat with. This per Tim Herron who is the in-charge person for our track day. image.jpg $10 Gate Fee regardless of pre registration. Sign waiver etc.

Last edited:
More detail for Wed. Who will be there:

image.jpg

I'm there!

- - - Updated - - -

Dennis, is the MANDATORY driver's meeting at 0845 mandatory?

0825 Mandatory driver’s meeting (DON’T miss this if you are planning to drive ! )

Please disregard above - we're arriving Wednesday and the mandatory meeting is Thursday. Brain cramp!

Last edited:
See you there. Might Drag Race at lunchtime. The beer and luggage will just have to slide around in the trunk. Maybe it will give me some traction. Don't forget your helmet. Darius will be there. Cross with the 68 A Body 5.9 ragtop and Dwayne with the 68 Sat. This is a boys trip. Just spent 2700 miles in the car with spouse to MATS Vegas. Can't do that again for a while or somebody would have to die...

Excellent. I'll probably be alone - hard to round up too many buddies on a Thursday. Arriving Thursday morning from LA.

Just spoke to Tim Herron by e-mail to ask a few questions. For anyone wondering:

A Motorcycle helmet is allowed if it has an "M" Snell rating.
A Catch can is required.
A Fire Extinguisher is not.
Factory Seat Belts are fine.

Just jacked up the front end and checked the front wheel bearings because I remember tech inspectors always checking this years ago when I was putting cars on the track - they were loose...

I was really hoping to make it again this year. Last year, the wife and I brought our 1500 mile 2015 Challenger. I got it to 118 in the straightaway a few times. This year I wanted to bring my 70 Charger but I have been hit with a series of unexpected expenses. This event is great but is also a bit spendy. I'm still going to Van Nuys though.

Excellent. I'll probably be alone - hard to round up too many buddies on a Thursday. Arriving Thursday morning from LA.

Just spoke to Tim Herron by e-mail to ask a few questions. For anyone wondering:

A Motorcycle helmet is allowed if it has an "M" Snell rating.
A Catch can is required.
A Fire Extinguisher is not.
Factory Seat Belts are fine.

Just jacked up the front end and checked the front wheel bearings because I remember tech inspectors always checking this years ago when I was putting cars on the track - they were loose...

Whoa, motorcycle helmets allowed at a road course? That is fantastic as I have like 10 kickass Arai motorcycle helmets and one crap car helmet. Wish I was in CA for this one.

Auto Transport Service
Back