• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

windshield and back window for a 67 GTX

watsonpoint

Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
Looking to buy new glass for my 67 GTX (clear). Anyone know the best source? Ive heard of some bad repop glass want to avoid it. Any help would be great. Metro has a front and rear glass. Any thoughts on their glass.

AMD offers the front windshield in both a clear and a tinted version. Some people do not like the way that the tinted windshields appear now days, but unless you find a nice original (Good Luck) or NOS (Big $$$), there is not much available. Some of the larger glass shops can still source PPG or Pinkerington glass, but it will be more money. If you purchase any of the windshields, check the thickness. Some of the manufactures, even the larger manufactures made the glass thinner which led to some issues. The rear glass will be difficult to source. It will most probably require finding a good used one or getting lucky finding one sitting on someone's shelf.

I'll check
Original
BUT: yes, AMD does have great stuff.....

..........and yes, this is an original, should be nice
I'll check it

I just had my windshield replaced last spring by a local guy. He had the glass in a day or two from PPG and it was installed in my garage for less than $300 with a lifetime warranty against leakage.
Rear may be a bit more I am told (on the '69 anyway) due to the curvature.

My buddy has new in the package metro front and rear window seals he wants 150 for the set

That is screaming deal, but make sure and try to determine what brand the gasket is. Metro makes a large amount of seals and rubber products, but to my knowledge they do not make any windshield or rear window gaskets. With that being said, I would want to make sure that it was either a Precision or Steele made piece. Also, the rear gaskets or different between a hardtop and sedan, so make sure that you are getting the right one.

Auto Transport Service
Back