• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield washer switch

velozp

Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
Now I'm all set with my wipers on the 68 RR, I have another issue. My wiper wash button does not work at all. I jumped out the pump on the washer bottle and it pumps fine. So my question is the switch itself has 2 terminals. I thought 2 brown wires attached ( one on each terminal). But my 68 service manual shows only the right side terminal connected.
V10-18BR goes to the bulkhead and the other connection is V10A 18BR which goes to the wiper switch. I'm confused at this point. I did swap the 2 brown wires from side to side to no avl. Any thoughts? Thanks again

Try jumping the 2 browns together(bypassing switch entirely); probably bad switch or contacts inside dirty/broken.

Thanks can someone do me a favor. Can someone look under their dash and tell me how many wires plug into the 2 terminal electric washer switch (that shoots water onto the windshield?) Like I said the factory wiring diagram only shows 1 terminal ( rt side) going to the wiring harness)

thanks

sorry my car is a 68 RR with electric washer and 2 speed wiper motor. wiper motor is fine,

Just thinking out loud, okay.
But, think you should have one (hot) to the switch, feeds to the pump...and, MUST connect to ground, to complete the circuit. Could be wrong.

Miller is right & ground is one of the two screws holding reservoir to fender(grd wire from pump motor to the screw)

All that circuit does is connect power...to ground...to complete, and make the device work. Same on any electrical circuit.
The 'break' in the circuit, is the switch, that connects, to feed the power. Just test, to see if your getting connection.

Auto Transport Service
Back