• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Winters Quick Change?

Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
Just wondering if any has ever thought about, or installed one of these. Beside the noise and finding 5x4.5 lugs, any other thoughts?

win.JPG

I like them, easy to swap gears. But, and you knew it was coming, with the gas tank in the factory location, I don’t think they will be able to occupy the same space (the rear of the quick change sticks out quite a bit).

Sorry for not posting a picture of one. I had made the poor assumption that anyone with input would know what a quick-change was. They are most commonly found on old-style hot rods and circle track cars. I have not seen them used on builds outside of those scopes.

Thanks for the gas tank comment - I'm going with a fuel cell so that is considered.

Sweet! Post pics when ya start, I’m interested in seeing it get done.

Well... this is actually going into a forward look car so I won't document it here. I was thinking that perhaps some of the B-Mod crowd might have tried one or considered it and was hoping to gain some insights. I don't see any reason not to try it.....it will be different for sure.

Ya gotta post some pics, I’m sure a lot people would like to see it.

i was looking into one for my build since im still on the planning stage, my issue with them minus the size of the quick change section (as one pointed out the issue of the fuel tank hampering the ability of swapping out the gearing at a moments notice and a cell would be the way to go if you do such a thing)

winters at the time was unable to give me a actual hp/torque max they can take, some racers i talked to say max 700hp on dirt others say 500hp on pavement going doing circle track, the drag race fellas laugh and ask im wanting to go back to the early 60's for nostalgia purposes.

if you can get more information im all ears because i personally would still love to do one instead of a 9" for a 1000hp build

If you do a 9, your dead to me! Lol!!!

Go Dana 60. But if your gonna be using the car for different styles of driving, triple threat, and you’ll need to switch rear gears constantly, why not use an 8 3/4?

Auto Transport Service
Back