• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper arm alignment

Gus chiggins

Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Any idea on aligning wiper arms on 67 b body? Without raking the wipers across the hood.

Saw a post about putting flaps of tape around the wiper pivots without the wipers installed. Turn them on and see where the flaps of tape end up then install the wiper arms/blades. Seemed like a pretty good idea but i haven't tried.

Saw a post about putting flaps of tape around the wiper pivots without the wipers installed. Turn them on and see where the flaps of tape end up then install the wiper arms/blades. Seemed like a pretty good idea but i haven't tried.
I may have to take the damn linkage a part, or something. I used a piece of thin cardboard to act at the wiper no matter how i adjust it, it still rakes across the top of the cowl panel, and the motor parks at the 12:00 o'clock position. One thing after another it seems

I don't know if this helps but i looked at a 67 coronet parts cart that still has the wiper motor and arms connected. The wiper motor arm and two pivot arms are all clocked at approximately the 8 o'clock position if you're looking at them from under the dash. I don't know if that's correct or not since i've never had the car running. I'm assuming it's in the parked position.

I don't know if this helps but i looked at a 67 coronet parts cart that still has the wiper motor and arms connected. The wiper motor arm and two pivot arms are all clocked at approximately the 8 o'clock position if you're looking at them from under the dash. I don't know if that's correct or not since i've never had the car running. I'm assuming it's in the parked position.
Mine don't park at the 8 o'clock position. I should have said the wipers park at the 12 o'clock position, the linkage arm parks at the 4 o'clock position. The linkages are original to the car, 1967 plymouth belvedere variable speed wiper motor

Auto Transport Service
Back