• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wiper blades on 68 RR

velozp

Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone hopefully an easy one. How do you replace the wiper blade ( not just the rubber refill) on my 68 RR? I found some of the trico classis steel ones pn 3056100 instead of crap plastic. I know their is some type of release tab but not sure how it works? My arms are original. Nowhere in my 68 service manual does it mention how to take the blades off, just how to take the arms off. And is it a 15 inch blade?

Thanks a bunch.

These are the refills I used, $8 on Amazon...

Trico 43-150 Steel Blade Refill - 15"

There should be a steel spring tab on one end that you depress the sides to release and slide the old blade out. New one should have the tabs so you slide it in until the tab locks.

I used a pair of Goodmark "Vintage" style refillable blades, they work great as wipers did in 1973 lol and they allow for the concealed wiper function to work on Stella.

Yours are 15"

ACDelco #87150 "Classic" series are what you want

Thank You all for the feedback but I need the steel assembly arm and the blade refill. Mine has broken tabs which hold the refill in. My old ones say pn 3056100. And I also see a 33-150 assembly on amazon. Its the entire refill ( metal assy and rubber refill)

Sorry I did not mean arm, what I need is the steel wiper body w/ the rubber blade. I think I found what I need trico classic 33-150

Are your arms like mine a blade type not a pin type? I ordered some from Classic and they are a pin and wont work. Spendy too. The Delco style might be what I need. Let us know how they work for your 68, same as mine.

I will order them today. From now on, I will try to be less confusing and will attach pictures. Must be I was getting ready to early for the 4th! LOL
Great site, lots of help, glad I joined , all have a safe and happy 4th of july USA all the way!

Mine are/were/is pin style, which is why I omitted the part number I used in order to avoid further confusion lol i dont remember what my 68 took... I thought it was the little spring clip slide on dealie as mentioned earlier..

My 68 Cuda has that type, looks JUST like the Delco pictured in the link

Auto Transport Service
Back