• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper Motor Bolt Sizes

JG71B

Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
Does ANYONE know the size nuts and threads for the 3spd wiper motor to arm on a 71 B body and the 3 nuts that hold it to the firewall??? I've been Googling these damn things for 2 days and have come up with nothing but motor themselves and mostly 68 through 70. Appreciate any help

20220714_223322.jpg

From memory they will be 5/16" UNC

Check if a 1/2" socket fits the nut...then that is the case.

Last time I checked, the nuts were available along with the rubber bushing as a kit

As mentioned, not OEM, but replacement kit. Long time since I have seen these NOS available, and I got a set on those days

FOR MOPARS..TWO AND THREE SPEED WIPER MOTOR MOUNTING BUSHING MOUNT KIT. | eBay

With gasket

Fits MoparS, NEW Wiper Motor Gasket And Mounting Kit | eBay

The NOS kit included the inner metallic bushing/sleeve. The rubber mount was also diff shape, slightly conical on one of the ends.

If you want just the nuts

Wiper Motor Mounting Nuts For 62-74 Mopar A/B/C/E Body (Qty-3) #20 | eBay

64-76 Mopar A B E Body Cuda Challenger GTX OEM Correct Locking Wiper Motor Nuts | eBay

Now, if you want a bulk LOL

Wiper Motor Mounting Nuts For 62-74 Mopar A/B/C/E Body (Qty-3) #20 | eBay

Sure these should be available at any local grocery shop thought.

Last edited:
And since no one else mentioned the nut attaching the bell crank to the motor varies, most are 5/16-18 like the wiper to firewall nuts... But some are 1/4-20..

Yep. Usually a 1/2" socket can remove the wiper motor nuts, the crank arm nut and the wiper pivot nuts.

Auto Transport Service
Back